Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool help

Picked this up yesterday without a spool. Can anyone by looking at it tell me which spool I need? Or how I can find out? There is no writing on it other than "Battenkill Mid Arbor V". Would like to find a spool for it and put it on a rod.

Default Re: Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool help

Go to ebay and look for a Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool. That really is all you need to know, except for the reel is one of my favorites.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

3. Default Re: Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool help

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Go to ebay and look for a Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool.

Dave
    I did and there are different ones. No clue which one I need

Blog Entries

No...there aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcoho View Post
    I did and there are different ones. No clue which one I need
    The "V" refers to the size of the reel and corresponding spool. If the spool you're looking at has the "V" designation and it is for an Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor reel, it will fit the frame you have there.

Smaller spools will be designated I, II, III, IV, etc. Those are made to fit smaller size reel frames.

Good luck.

-VB

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Orvis Access Mid Arbor MA V Fly Reel Titanium Spool Only | eBay

Here's an example for you.
    ....Just one more cast...

Blog Entries

Does the Access incarnation fit the original Mid Arbor version of this reel? milt
    "Thomas Jeff..." Senator Reisman (Sam Shepard) Swordfish

7. Default Re: Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool help

So Im seeing 3 different V reels. All will work?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

OK Thanks! I guess I will try and find a home for this. Was told it was a 5 wt reel. A 5 wt was what I was looking for

Blog Entries

The foolproof way to get an answer is to use the Orvis web site. They have a live chat feature. I would wait until Monday and get the answer from the people at the Orvis reel shop. To avoid problems as time goes on you could always send a PM to the guy who lives out in the Valley and ask questions before you take on certain tackle items

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by bigcoho View Post
    So Im seeing 3 different V reels. All will work?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

OK Thanks! I guess I will try and find a home for this. Was told it was a 5 wt reel. A 5 wt was what I was looking for
    Where are you seeing them? There are different color options and any of them will work, it is up to you if the color of the spool matters.

Be sure you are getting the Battenkill Mid Arbor spool. There are Battenkill Large Arbor spools, Battenkill Bar Stock (BBS) spools, and Access Mid Arbor spools on ebay, all Orvis. I don't think any will fit your frame. If you find a Battenkill Mid Arbor spool in size V then you should be good to go.

Interesting, I was looking at these on ebay just the other day. Wanting to build a rod for musky fishing I have a size IV for my 8wt and it's a great reel.
    - William

10. Default Re: Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V spool help

Now I have no reason to complete it. I have several heavy weight setups. I need a III in this this series for a 5/6 wt reel. I cant post it for sale here because I do not have enough post. So I listed it elsewhere. Will part with it and do some research before I buy another

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I sent you a message William but doesn't look like its sending

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast