The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 05-17-2017, 09:02 PM

crazyryan is on a distinguished road
Default Peerless vs Saracoine?

Looking for a new reel and deciding between the Peerless 2A/3A and Saracione MK IV Trout 3"/ 3-1/4". How do they compare and what's your thoughts?

For the Peerless I like its leather case, adjustable click, and it is a bit cheaper.

While the Saracione is more expensive, doesn't come with leather case and doesn't have adjustable click, from the net photos they look like having a better/shiny finish.

Could you comfirm the Saracione finish is better or it's just photos? I compared many internet photos but am still not sure.

I read that the Peerless is "hand made" while the Saracione is CNC. Does it matter? In case I want a more shiny finish on the Peerless, could I polish it myself? Read that it has an anodized finished so I wonder if it is able to slightly polish it without rubbing the anodizrd finish off.

Finally, which one has louder and stronger click?

Thanks very much.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:02 PM

pupnik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peerless vs Saracoine?

I have had both Peerless reels and Saracione reels. Without any doubt the Saracione reels are superior, better finish, smoother action.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:44 PM

rockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Peerless vs Saracoine?

Nice click, fit and finish on my Peerless 2A. I have a Wulff Triangle Taper WF5 and backing on it. Since they are no longer made it will likely be easier to find the Saracione reels which are still available. I believe Vintage Tackle has a 3A for sale.