The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 09-10-2017, 11:16 PM

flytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Holy Grail

I had to look that one up Scott.... It's a rare one.... but a reel with a silent check can't get my vote. I like screamers.

Thanks for the contribution and welcome....

ft09

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
~Syd Glasso
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes hairwing530 liked this post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:26 PM

rsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud ofrsagebrush has much to be proud of

For me Screwback CFO's (Designed by Stan Bogdan, made by Hardy) and of course 31/8" Hardy Perfect.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mka, fq13 liked this post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:48 PM

sweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 PM

fq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytie09 View Post
I had to look that one up Scott.... It's a rare one.... but a reel with a silent check can't get my vote. I like screamers.

ft09
Had a girl friend once who was a screamer. She was also evil. She bought me an alarm clock that sounded like a drag ripping out. More than once she set that thing to go off at five am just to watch me jerk bolt upright and reach frantically for a non-existent rod like I was in Apocalypse Now. Pure evil I tell you!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard

Those original Hardy Cascapedia reels circa 1930 (I think) are pretty nice............. I have one of the British made reintroductions and a couple Perfect's in salmon sizes so I don't really want anything but an original Cascapedia at a bargain price would be hard to turn down.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-16-2017, 05:08 AM

scott1971 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytie09 View Post

ft09
Thanks,do you think there would be any interest in it,if i were to sell it?
Old 09-16-2017, 08:29 AM

flytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant future

There's something for everyone... you just gotta find them. Old reels are a niche thing. Interest would be light.

Capiche?

ft09

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
~Syd Glasso