The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Old 09-22-2017, 02:37 PM

nevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Reel From Piscifun

Saw this pop up on my Facebook feed. I know we have a few Piscifun fans here, so thought I would share.
The "crest" fly reel. Will start shipping end of September (they are taking preorders).
Specs say fully machined and anodized, fully sealed carbon drag. Also noticed they are including a lifetime warranty. Black and green colors only so far listed on the website.
Looks mighty handsome to me! Seems like at the price point ($94) they might be bridging the gap between the sword/blaze and Platte. Might have to get one of these to play with and review, I love all their other reels.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 03:04 PM

plecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Reel From Piscifun

I have two Swords.

What do you make of this part of the description on their site?

"Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with one-way clutch bearing provides smooth operation
Click Drag design offers accurate adjustment
FULLY SEALED CARBON-to-STAINLESS DRAG - Impervious to water, sand and grit, requiring no maintenance except for simple rinsing."

Cork or carbon fiber? Both?

Paul
Old 09-22-2017, 03:33 PM

nevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be the carbon drag from the platte with the price point, and imagine the cork part is a typo.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 08:55 PM

pnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to all

Hmmmmmm....... what do I need another reel for ?

......... pc
Old 09-22-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc View Post
Hmmmmmm....... what do I need another reel for ?

......... pc
To have one more than you did before? New Reel From Piscifun

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 1 Dislikes
Dislikes pnc disliked this post
Old 09-24-2017, 05:44 PM

pnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to allpnc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadanstig View Post
To have one more than you did before? New Reel From Piscifun

Lol........ think I already have that one.

Ordered & recieved Blaze some months back. Other than this reel am not familiar with others. Pics & specs can be found. But an exploded schematic of drag no.
Imagine major differences in Blaze & up so to speak. Is in drag. Can anybody explain differences between reels other than cosmetic ?

Tia......... pc
Old 09-24-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc View Post
Lol........ think I already have that one.

Ordered & recieved Blaze some months back. Other than this reel am not familiar with others. Pics & specs can be found. But an exploded schematic of drag no.
Imagine major differences in Blaze & up so to speak. Is in drag. Can anybody explain differences between reels other than cosmetic ?

Tia......... pc
Blaze and sword are the same mechanically. They have a cork drag.
Platte has a fully sealed carbon fiber drag.
I did shoot an email to Piscifun, and they confirmed the new crest WILL BE fully sealed carbon fiber drag. The cork bit was a typo.
I have a Platte, I think it had a parts diagram, I'll see if I can dig it up for you pnc.
Edit: Amazingly, I actually had the booklet together with the box:

Click the image to open in full size.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks pnc thanked for this post
Likes myt1 liked this post