Trout reel to match Scott Radian

rufcaptain

Reaction score
As the title says, looking at reels to match my new Scott Radian 5wt. The primary use will be Wyoming trout fishing. I have tons of saltwater reels, all are overkill for this application. Leaning towards the Nautilus XM, Ross LT, Ross Cimarron 2.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I have the Nautilus Xm on my very light Sage X 8 1/2'/#5, a fine reel but perhaps a little light for a 9' Radian. I also have a Hatch 4+ on my 9'/#5 NRX and that or the new Ross Evo R would be my first choices.

el jefe

Reaction score
A popular reel on the Radian is the Galvan Torque in Burnt Orange. The Galvan Rush LT is slightly heavier in the same sizes if you like the way that balances better, but has the same drag system, and is available in the same color.

edreilly

Reaction score
I love my Hatch 4+ on my 905 Radian. Great balance for the rod and line pick up. There is also plenty of range on the drag and the drag stays right where I set it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I agree with scotty, having a top quality rod and reel made in the same town in Colorado is a cool concept. I have an older Ross F1 on my also older Scott S4s and the anodizing match of matte finish aluminum reel and reel seat look like thy were done that way on purpose.

rufcaptain

Reaction score
Kind of leaning towards the Ross Cimarron 2, which is cool because my first redfish reel was a Cimarron, full circle so to speak. I’ll check out the Animas.

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Kind of leaning towards the Ross Cimarron 2, which is cool because my first redfish reel was a Cimarron, full circle so to speak. I’ll check out the Animas.
Cimarron II, just as good. I have one on my Scott and It works fantastic. Besides, it's cheaper than the Animas.

comeonavs

Reaction score
Another vote for orange on black Hatch

Performance be damned it’s gotta look good , but the hatch performs as well

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Great image illustrating the perfection of the mating between Radian and Hatch. And true enough, the beauty is more than anodized deep, Hatch has quality and performance equaled by few others.

boisker

Reaction score
Certainly looks good, but personally I prefer a slightly lighter reel. Don’t get me wrong I’d happily use one all day, but if I was shelling out the money for the reel it’s a bit heavier than I’d like and at over £400 for a hatch in the UK it has to be a perfect set up for that much money.

D

dryfly70

My vote is for a Nautilus reel, Hatches are ok But the Nautilus fits and Balances perfect and has a Superior drag system and as smooth as silk......

zjory

Reaction score
zjory, How does your beautiful set up balance? I know this 4+ is gravity neutral on my NRX#5 but I think the Radian is a bit lighter.
Perfectly. Balance point is near the back of the cork. Just right for me.
Honestly, my choice in reels is based primarily on build quality. I'm sold on Hatch as they're durable and maintenance free.

joerg66

Reaction score
Hello, just bought my new reel for teh radian. It is a guidelien Fario 4-6 in dark grey. Light reel with Large arbor, smooth drag.20180125_202331[1].jpg

Reactions: Ard

joerg66

Reaction score
weight is around 4.4 oz. excuse for teh mistake, it's a guideline fario 4-6.20180125_203425[1].jpg

Reactions: Ard

boisker

Reaction score
Nice real... i’ve been toying with buying one or possibly a loop Opti creek or dry fly... I can never quite decide...
May buy the Opti creek for my new Scott G:D