Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Reels

Default Vintage Reels

Does everyone have new reels? Am I the only one that's bassackwards?
    Guess I like the old stuff. These are from the '50's and up.

Some C. Farlow's- old English reels
    The Grenaby

The Panton

Some J.W. Youngs
    The Pridex

The Condex

All click pawl and all work great!
    I think Joni posted this one before

It's a South Bend 1110

Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vintage Reels

Those are in wonderful shape! Is the South Bend a multiplier? I like the old stuff too. My first nice reel was a South Bend 1122 single action with the burgundy enamel finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Those are in wonderful shape! Is the South Bend a multiplier? I like the old stuff too. My first nice reel was a South Bend 1122 single action with the burgundy enamel finish.
    No multiplier. Just a single action too. The Southbend is the same as a Shakespeare AuSable, or a Kalamazoo Empress. Cool reel.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Nice..especially the Youngs - I have a Beaudeax I use with my 6 wt Phillipson Paragon Bamboo. I love that reel. I had a nice Condex and let someone talk me out of it....sometimes you do really dumb things!!!!!!...I try to use vintage reels with my Bamboo...haven't tried them with my graphite....maybe I should

5. Default Re: Vintage Reels

I too like the old stuff and use them on my glass and 'boo rods. Just seems to go right!

You can't go wrong with the old American made Medalists. I think I have 4 of them...you can usually pick em up on ebay for cheap and they make great backup or primary reels.

8. Default Re: Vintage Reels

Nice reels guys. I have a couple of shelves filled with vintage fly reels & baitcasters.

Nice to see they all look to be in great condition.
    "If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

nice looking reels! if anyone's interested, check out this section of a forum:

Classic Fly Reels - Active Discussions - fiberglassflyrodders - Message Board - Yuku

eric
    fresno, ca.

Quote Originally Posted by ezamora View Post
    nice looking reels! if anyone's interested, check out this section of a forum:

Classic Fly Reels - Active Discussions - fiberglassflyrodders - Message Board - Yuku

eric
    fresno, ca.
    Bulldog is one of the most knowledgable people when it comes to older reels. I'd love to see his collection one day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast