Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can't find much on-line information on Orvis Odyssey and Odyssey+ reels...

Both my Odysseys are the "I" size.

My Odyssey I bears serial number 24895-1385 and was made in the USA. Pawl type AR and cork drag.
    My Odyssey+I bears the serial number 07699-3773 and was made in the USA. Pawl type AR and cork/Rulon drag.

Thanks for the link to the information you've gathered!

Tight lines,
    Bob
    At the southern tip of Lake Champlain

2. Default Re: Can't find much on-line information on Orvis Odyssey and Odyssey+ reels...

Thanks Bob for sharing your reels serial number. I’m still looking for more info on the Odyssey, seems like the ones marked with an X were the close outs. And I wonder if serial numbers (not the Julian neither the year, just the progressive number) change when produced in different location (Ontario & Azusa)

3. Likes desmobob liked this post

Default Re: Can't find much on-line information on Orvis Odyssey and Odyssey+ reels...

I have an Odyssey II +, serial #5499-3564, made in USA. The hang tag on the box has an LOC # 96K010, an M (model?) # 741R-6100, and a B# 261-0516. The price mark is $430. ( I got it at an Orvis tent sale for @ $125.!!

It is a marvel of rugged attractive design, finish work, and reliability on the water. It is too heavy for most ltwt modern graphite rods in its size range but fits 4-5 wt bamboo and glass rods perfectly and adds some class too.

In a fit of stupidity I tried to sell it awhile back and thank god there were no takers. What was I thinking?

ddb

5. Default Re: Can't find much on-line information on Orvis Odyssey and Odyssey+ reels...

Thanks ddb, can you just confirm that the number is 5499? At the beginning they used 4 digits but, after 95 they used 5, so it could be 05499 or another number before. Sorry to be so picky but, it will change the database

desertrat,

Sorry to complicate things but I double checked and that's the serial #. In fact no room on the reel foot for another digit in the size numbers used.

ddb

OK, I have mine in front of me, an O+III, serial # 5499-4842.

8. Default Re: Can't find much on-line information on Orvis Odyssey and Odyssey+ reels...

Thanks for sharing sweetandsalt

95, 97 & 98 are very steady on the serial numbers. Something happened in 99. Richard Jacobsen says that Serial numbers were not affected by locations. I have not figure it out.

Does any one knows how to post a spreadsheet? It is funny to see how there are to different sets of numbers

I hope more people will share serial numbers, thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12