Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

Hey Guys,

Been fishing right angle fly reels for the salt and Salmon...Absolutely LOVE THEM! I have since aquired a few new rods (for pursuit of of slamon/steel/light salt) and want to throw the right angle on them. Need to find more reels or a few spools. Does anyone HAVE any spools/reels or know of where to find them? I wish they were not out of production!!

I am looking for spools/reels in AR-8 and AR-10! thanks!!!

Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

Google them up. it looks like they still make them.
    I'm using an IPad and I don't know yet exactly how to copy a url and paste it to this page yet. (Got a lot to learn about the IPad)
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

3. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

They most certainly dont make them. I know what website your refering to, however I have been in contact with them and right angle is 100% out of business...

4. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

Hey I am new here, I see you guys have some right angle reels, I just bought one and am wondering how to convert it from right hand wind to left hand wind, mine didnt come with instruction book. Anyone got any ideas on this.

5. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

Where di you buy it from???!!!!!

6. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

I bought it off craigslist a guy had it in New Hampshire, I am looking for a schematic or instruction manual to change it from right hand to left hand wind. It is a 12 wt reel for salmon.

7. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

An AR-12? SHEEEEEESH! I have been using an AR-8 and AR-10 for the last 6 years without a hitch...Hell the ar-10 is a bit too much if you ask me...I hope you have arms the size of my torso to swing that around all day!

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

It looks to me you can still them here; Right Angle

9. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

No problem swinging it its lighter than a billy pate tarpon, I like it because I can break it down in the field. Any one know who can work on this thing I want to get it changed from right wind to left wind. I found some folks in the UK that think the clutch can be flipped over to reverse the wind direction. If somebody knows a reel smith I will pay to get it done. Otherwise I will have to teach myself to reel on the wrong side.

10. Default Re: Right angle fly reels?! Where to find?

Quote Originally Posted by simms View Post
    Hey Guys,

Been fishing right angle fly reels for the salt and Salmon...Absolutely LOVE THEM! I have since aquired a few new rods (for pursuit of of slamon/steel/light salt) and want to throw the right angle on them. Need to find more reels or a few spools. Does anyone HAVE any spools/reels or know of where to find them? I wish they were not out of production!!

I am looking for spools/reels in AR-8 and AR-10! thanks!!!
    Got a almost new ar-10 if your interested!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast