Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Ross Cimarron 1 Fly Reel - Suitable?

I too own and enjoy a Ross Cimmaron in # 3. I purchased the reel from Cabelas for $160 and later was bummed out when they were going to be discontinued. I searched the web to find an additional spool that I found for $90. Old story I guess these days if you really like something it is best to buy a spare because when you want another they are gone.
    I went to the site mentioned and bought another and me being a new customer I get and additional 10% off.
    Great tip!, great reel!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ross Cimarron 1 Fly Reel - Suitable?

I own four Rhythm reels in sizes 0-2. I also own an evolution in size 2. My good buddy owns a cimmaron size 2 and a gunnison. I have to say that every one of these reels is exceptional in their own way. I have never actually used the cimmaron, but my friend has landed dozens of fish on it, some as big as 5 or 6 pounds, and it has held up just fine. I guess I am biased being from Colorado, but I have always fished Ross and have no reason to switch. I fish my rhythms on rods ranging from 3-6 weights, and 7-9 feet. On small spring creeks to Arkansas floats. I have never felt I needed a better reel - maybe better technique, though. For long retrieves the smaller arbor might make life more difficult with the cimmaron, but generally, I would buy one if the price was right.

I agree with earlier posts about getting some of these reels on closeouts. I recently did just this. Get em while you can!!! I am very, very disppointed in the fact the rhythm and cimmaron were discontinued. I feel some of the changes in the new Ross line were more financial, business decisions, than they were about performance. I am not blaming them for this in light of the current trend in reels made overseas, but I just hated to see these reels go away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12