Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Abel TR

Default Abel TR

I just purchased an Abel TR 1 off the auction site for a decent price. It arrived today, and I have to say that it looks awesome on my Orvis Superfine Touch. The gold hardware on that rod would not have been my first choice, but it has grown on me since it fishes great, and this reel goes all in on the gold, rapper bling look. I hope the local brookies feel uneasy about this as I'll be pounding off the beaten trail with this setup on the local thin blue lines.

IMG_2394.jpgIMG_2395.jpg

2. Likes mka, pm287 liked this post
    Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your way thru
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Abel TR

Wouldnt of been my first choice either but it sure turned out to be a sharp looking rig

Good luck

4. Likes these go to 11 liked this post

Sweet rod and a very nice reel. I have 2 TR’s and find them excellent reels for small water fishing. I like the dual colors on your TR. Mine are both all black. I also scored a superfine touch rod this past winter and actually like the gold trim. This rod is really cool so enjoy and catch some fish. SR

6. Likes these go to 11 liked this post

Nice looking! I am a big fan of the original Abel TR's. IMO, they make my trout rods complete. Another Abel I am fond of is the Creek 1 in standard arbor.
    RJ

8. Likes these go to 11 liked this post

I have several of the older model TR's and love them. Great looking setup!

10. Likes these go to 11 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by trout stalker View Post
    Nice looking! I am a big fan of the original Abel TR's. IMO, they make my trout rods complete. Another Abel I am fond of is the Creek 1 in standard arbor.
    I really like the Creek series with it's larger arbor for faster pickup, and they way they balance on my other rods. I have a standard arbor AC1 and AC2 that I used on my 4 and 5wt setups. I found an AC1 with the brook trout finish a couple years back for a little over 2 bills brand new. Love fishing that reel.

12. Likes trout stalker liked this post