L. L. Bean Streamlite

dlahiff

Reaction score
I bought a used L.L. Bean Streamlite#1 LA reel. There were a few small issues with it which L.L. Bean resolved via email. However, the drag would not engage, no matter if I turned the drag knob either way. I sent the reel to L.L. Bean, who returned it with the message " The reel has a bad drag knob and we do not have the replacement part". Granted the reel will work fine without the drag and a 9" trout will hardly strip line off the reel. In any event, does anyone know where I can either get the reel repaired or where I can get a drag knob. Thanks.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you paid any significant amount for it I would seek out the seller for reimbursement. The only way you would have a chance finding parts will be to identify the company who made the reels for Bean.

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
I have a telescope and the rack of the rack and pinion focusing mechanism stripped. The rack is an integral part of the focusing tube. I took it to a local company that was able to reproduce a new tube with an intact rack using a 3-D printer, for a small price. I don't know if that is a solution for your reel, but just a thought. (I am thinking of buying a 3-D printer, there are so many things you can do with it.)