0/1/2 Reel

Creekhopper

Reaction score
I'm looking for a reel for a 1wt rod I'm building and will also be used for my next rod which will likely be a 0wt. I realize I can go cheap and an expensive reel isn't necessary but my trend is to buy less and go higher quality and enjoy it for years without the plan to sell it. Looking for small, super light and lots of fun.

Any recommendations for a reel in that wt rod (0-2) would be great. The only requirement is that I want a silent reel that doesn't click. Thanks

flntknp17

Reaction score
The Galvan Brookie 0/1 is THE best tiny reel readily available in my opinion. It is absolutely beautiful and is silent (I like that too) and it is tiny and it is extremely well made. I have two and love them for my 000 through 2wt rods.

This isn’t a great picture of the reel, but it’s the only one I had handy. It’s on a 1wt rod. You’ll like this reel.

Matt

marianeq

Reaction score
I use a Danielsson Midge for my 1wt superfine carbon, it balances the rod beautifully, it's silent and has a large arbor spool.

Creekhopper

Reaction score
The Galvan Brookie 0/1 is THE best tiny reel readily available in my opinion. It is absolutely beautiful and is silent (I like that too) and it is tiny and it is extremely well made. I have two and love them for my 000 through 2wt rods.
This isn’t a great picture of the reel, but it’s the only one I had handy. It’s on a 1wt rod. You’ll like this reel.

Matt
Thanks for all of the replies. I did a little research and this seems to be a great fit being small, super light, quiet and minimal. I ordered it in green and it'll be spooled with RIO Creek 1wt line. I don't see any reason to even get another spool if I use it on a 0 or 2 wt rod. It'll be a keeper for sure.

luj333

Reaction score
I use a Hatch 1+ on my 0 wt. It may be discontinued but you can still find it online.

It's price-wise overkill, but whatever.

Blackstonefly

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If still looking I would Highly Recommend a 3 Tand TF30 fly reel.. Made Overseas but it is one Fantastic little reel, and Super Light, with a fantastic smooth drag, and its quite.....comes in Black or Platinum

ixoye

Reaction score
+1 for Danielsson Midge, very light, smooth and cool reel with large arbor spool, price is good to.

Creekhopper

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the suggestions. I mentioned I went with the Galvan Brookie 0/1. It arrived today and I'm really happy with it. I also just finished my first rod build with a Sage Dart 176-3 blank and now I'm frothing to hit some golden trout creeks. Pic with reel attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

flytie09

Reaction score
Groovy. Pairs well together from the looks. I’m digging the reel seat effects......