Am I crazy?

sgp

Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I have a perfectly good black Hatch 4+ that doesn't really need upgrading , but I'm obsessing over a Ross Evolution R.

It will be going onto a brand new Stickman P5 or SAGE LL (still undecided) so its only fitting that it gets a suitable partner?

Please help?

jfh245

Reaction score
It is just the disease talking to you. Do not worry, all is well if you realize that you actually deserve the ER as a complement to excellent devices already acquired.

dharkin

Reaction score
Sorry to say, but yes!

Just mail me that nasty old Hatch and get yourself the Ross that you so deserve.

Dan

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I have a perfectly good black Hatch 4+ that doesn't really need upgrading , but I'm obsessing over a Ross Evolution R.

It will be going onto a brand new Stickman P5 or SAGE LL (still undecided) so its only fitting that it gets a suitable partner?

Please help?
Regarding crazy, I have no opinion. What do you have the 4+ on currently? P5 and T LL are both quite light. I have yet to see a new LL but am told the 8 1/2'/#5 is special. I don't have but have cast Akos's P5...you have a tough decision to make. I think Evo R may be lighter than 4+ and indeed, each rod deserves its own dedicated reel and line...RIO Technical Trout for the T LL and Amplitude Trout for the P5.

osseous

Reaction score
If you decide to do it, I will make the trade with you. Black Evo R for the Black 4+

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sgp

Reaction score
My Hatch was a perfect balance for my 905 Radian, but I never considered the weight factor. I’m torn, but it might be best to wait and see how the reel balances on my new rod (once I decide) and go from there. I’ve read many positive reviews on the P5 but not much is out on the LL as yet.

duker

Reaction score
If you're looking for help with the mental and emotional state commonly known as Gear Acquisition Syndrome, you may have come to the wrong place. At this forum we're all about justifying tackle purchases.

Here's my all-time ultimate rationalization for buying a new piece of fly gear: you're not going to lie on your death bed thinking "Man, I never should have bought that Ross Evolution R".

Scott