Any issues with the Tibor Signature Series?

osseous

Reaction score
Doubt you will have an issue- I would choose the older design from Tibor, honestly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Angler Management

Reaction score
Thanks - the upgrade from the Everglades to the Signature with the dogs system is really nice as they don’t get rounded off as easily.

osseous

Reaction score
Thanks - the upgrade from the Everglades to the Signature with the dogs system is really nice as they don’t get rounded off as easily.
Bronze wears pretty slowly- have you ever had to replace these? I will take the increased capacity and simplicity all day long over any wear concerns. The Signature is an attractive reel for sure- but that spool's dimension suffered in the transition to a sealed design.

Angler Management

Reaction score
Bronze wears pretty slowly- have you ever had to replace these? I will take the increased capacity and simplicity all day long over any wear concerns. The Signature is an attractive reel for sure- but that spool's dimension suffered in the transition to a sealed design.

The ones I had all had aluminum teeth and would need replacement after 8-10 normal tarpon. They rounded very easily. The SS reel has 3 AR dogs in it and they look stainless.

osseous

Reaction score
The ones I had all had aluminum teeth and would need replacement after 8-10 normal tarpon. They rounded very easily. The SS reel has 3 AR dogs in it and they look stainless.
200 yds of 30lb dacron with a 9wt is the rating on the Signature 9/10. That's very low for a 10 wt reel. You can get a Nautilus CCF 8-10 or NV 9/10 to hold 200 yards of 30 lb with a 10 wt according to their spec sheets. If you look at the reels side by side, the difference seems even greater. Same goes for the traditional Tibor designs compared to the Signatures. There is a weight difference as well. Having said that, I'm done putting dacron on my reels. Gel spun is a much better material. That offsets the issue to a degree- but your arbor size will still shrink faster with the Signature when fighting a large fish.

I have grooves worn in my Tibor spools from the clicker balls- the cogs look new after 25 years of use.