Wild Paint Job

MikeG

Reaction score
They look cheaply painted reels.

On a side note I wonder how long Abel will last these days.

MikeG

Reaction score
Hi MikeG,

That cheaply painted paint job is an extra $200.

Frank
Not worth it in my book. I said that because Abel's previous reels look more professionally painted, to me this looks cheap for some reason or not as refined maybe.

It would be hilarious to see if the government determines the money that Madoff's son invested into Abel was from his ponzi skeem. That would screw Abel over.

fishosopher

Reaction score
If I had a lot of money (think millions), there are a lot of things I might do. By and large, these are much better than the things I would have done if I'd had a lot of money when I was young. Perhaps wasteful, perhaps indulgent, they would not hurt anyone.

So on a whim i might buy this reel, put it in my wife's oriental what-not cabinet along with the plates, birds, vases and carved items. It would feel at home there. But I can't imagine every fishing with the thing.

Knowing this, God has not chosen to burden me with money.

von behr

Reaction score
I saw these two reels up close recently, and they both are works of art. They look much better in person than in pictures...truly stunning. They carry a very high price tag, but would be worthy of being called heirlooms.

If I could afford one, I would seriously consider one of these reels. According to Abel, they are not being produced in a set number like some of their previous limited editions. Those paint jobs are available, made to order, through the end of 2009.

Cheers,

VB :icon_smil

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
If I had the money, I would surely have one of those Abel reels! Very nice work indeed, but at this point in life I can only dream!

Larry

bwo

Reaction score
Once I saw some of these wilder reels in person my opinion changed. I now think they are very "cool" when I originally thought them a bit weird. I've seen some bright red reels that appealed to me when I saw them although the idea originally seemed strange.
However, I would have a tough time paying an additional $200 even though I understand why they would need to charge extra. It's all a matter of priorities I suppose.