NRX+ reel omnibus

hollisd

Reaction score
I'm excited about the NRX+ and may get my first 4 weight especially after s&s weighs in. I hope he's able to cast the 9' #4 NRX+ head-to-head with the 8' 6" #4 NRX+ LP and report back.

With fly shops taking preorders I don't think it's too soon to play what reel for my NRX+ so I'll go first with two sketches below

I looked at cyan with the NRX+ but prefer a black reel and while I love the oxblood Hatch I'm not sure whether the NRX+ LP is all burgundy like this shot off G. Loomis's website or if it's greenish in color like the second photo here

I was surprised I didn't like a chrome reel with the NRX+ LP as pictured below but it was too much. I prefer black to chrome surprisingly despite the silver accents.
nrx+_freshwater.jpg
nrx+_lp.jpg

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
While I look forward to test casting a bunch of NRX+'s including the new 8 1/2'/#4 LP, it is improbable that this will occur prior to January's Edison Show...I've already inquired and gotten a "no" to advance testing samples. I don't like that the Hatch protrudes beyond the butt cap of the depicted NRX+LP the X fits better on the NRX+. It is premature for me to speculate about matching reels until I get to know something about these rods. Though I generally like black reels, I could conceive of a bright EVO LTX on the LP.

hollisd

Reaction score
I don't like that the Hatch protrudes beyond the butt cap of the depicted NRX+LP the X fits better on the NRX+.
These are not to scale only rough sketches so don't draw any conclusions. Plus as I said I think the NRX+ LP is essentially green which the G. Loomis web doesn't portray.

I'm looking forward to casting a 4 and think this might be the one. I know it's early but I think reel pairing is so important.