Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batson rods and blanks?

I'm considering building a spey rod with a blank made by Batson. It's the 'Rainshadow' blank in a 13'6" 8-9wt with a moderate/fast action. What little I have been able to find has been fairly positive, but I'm looking for more input.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Batson rods and blanks?

Fysh,

Who sells them and how much?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I have built on many of the Batson blanks. I especially like their RX8+ blanks. I would also say that I have been happy with their quality, consistancy, and selection. My guess would be that their spey blank will be in the medium to medium fast catagory.
    Last edited by hardhat; 11-01-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Fysh,

Who sells them and how much?

Ard,
    I was planning on ordering from 'Anglers Workshop' as I've been looking through my catalogue of theirs, but I just took a gander at the website and I don't see the 'Rainshadow' listed this year, only the Batson 'Forecast' spey blanks. Maybe it's no longer available, I dunno?

Here's their link to that blank. http://www.anglersworkshop.com/items.aspx?catid=2288
    The Forcast is about 20-25 bucks less.

I also noticed they have 'Beulah' blanks available, don't know anything about them.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
    I have built on many of the Batson blanks. I especially like their RX8+ blanks. I would also say that I have been happy with their quality, consistancy, and selection. My guess would be that their spay blank will be in the medium to medium fast catagory.

Thanks Hardhat, glad to get the info. Where do you get your blanks?

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:56 PM ----------

Ard,
    I found a boatload of them on e-bay from a company out of Boise called 'Anglers Habitat'.

Blog Entries

quote:I found a boatload of them on e-bay from a company out of Boise called 'Anglers Habitat'
    I've bought two rods from them for friends a Redington CPX and a Custom Sage TCX made by the boss named Wayne,he's a nice guy and did a great job....if you order something you can say Jean-Paul from France sent you

Blog Entries

Fysh,

I have been looking at them for a couple months. I am going to try one myself I think.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    quote:I found a boatload of them on e-bay from a company out of Boise called 'Anglers Habitat'
    I've bought two rods from them for friends a Redington CPX and a Custom Sage TCX made by the boss named Wayne,he's a nice guy and did a great job....if you order something you can say Jean-Paul from France sent you

Jean Paul,
    If I decide to go with the Rainshadow blank it looks like I may have to order from them. I'm afraid they will charge me 'double' or refuse to sell to me if I drop your name!! j/k. Thank you sir.

Ard,
    The blank seems to get good reviews, and it's priced right.
    I'm wanting to order soon but I'm getting the feeling Pam would like me to wait. Could she be planning for Christmas already?

If you're having problems finding someone who sells Batson, try Hook and Hackle www.hookhack.com Tell Ron I sent you. Friends discount only gets you charged 3X the going rate!! I've built many, many Batson blanks. Very happy with each and all.

Thanks Auntie Em. I always enjoy your sense of humor. I will keep them in mind also, I'm just not sure I can afford them at the moment.

Blog Entries

Fysh,

It turns out I had this in my browser; http://www.jsflyfishing.com/

They have the Forecast blanks starting at $75.95 I am going to send an e-mail now to get a price together on a kit. After using that Sage VT2 on Tuesday I may save my pennies and get the VT2 blanks. After you get past the blue color they seem to really work well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast