Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My winter spey rod project.

I think Casey is right...you're a master rod buildernever seen or fished such a big rod...

Blog Entries

Dan: What a great project and very nice work indeed! Looking forward to seeing the next steps in this project.
    Larry

Wonderful work Dan. Looking forward to seeing the inlaid feathers.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Still want to set around and talk Archeology with you one of these days.
    You'll have to PM me your number, I spend a lot of time driving to and from fishing in a car by myself! There is however, another option... will you be at the Midwest Expo? If so, we can definitely meet up. I'm going to need a lot of pike advice as well since I assume that will be my closest quarry when I'm in Sweden.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

The handle looks very nice, should be a beautiful rod when it's finished.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
    You'll have to PM me your number, I spend a lot of time driving to and from fishing in a car by myself! There is however, another option... will you be at the Midwest Expo? If so, we can definitely meet up. I'm going to need a lot of pike advice as well since I assume that will be my closest quarry when I'm in Sweden.
    I'm going to PM you my number right after this post. As for the Pike in Sweden, oh you definitely need to do that one. They have some huge Pike over there. It's been quite a few years back now, but I saw a list of the top 100 pike ever caught, and only 2 were from North America if I remember right. Point is, they have monster Pike in Europe.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    You know I'll be watching this come together Dan. Have you decided on wrap colors? We had a thread that had the T&T deep green with red tipping shown and it looks just subtle enough to be really sharp.
    I have a deep Green/Black Classic twist thread. I thought about using it. I'm going to have to look for that thread. Was it also on a deep Blue blank?

Blog Entries

Yes, fysh posted a link to T&T on the thread about test wraps by auntrout I think. Just go to the T&T web site and you will find the picture on a rod there, the picture isn't great but you'll get the idea.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Looking forward to your SBS on thin trim bands. I'll be starting my third build soon, waiting on parts from acidrod. Planning to doing trim bands on this build.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by auntrout View Post
    Looking forward to your SBS on thin trim bands. I'll be starting my third build soon, waiting on parts from acidrod. Planning to doing trim bands on this build.
    If you get to where you need to know how to do them before I get them posted, call me. I'll PM you my number. I can do a one turn wrap you can't see where it crosses at. Neat trick.

PMing the number.

Thanks Dan.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast