Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three days stuck inside produced 3 rods I'll probably never use :(

Default Re: Three days stuck inside produced 3 rods I'll probably never use :(

It must take a lot of patience to wrap a rod like this! Does the thread do anything to the action of the rod in any way?

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Really good thread work. You must not have done much else to get that much done in three days. That or you are way faster at it than I am. I like the choice of thread colors a lot in photo 2 and 3. It's really nice of you to give them to guys wiped out by the storm. Nice move.

Nice work, that totally beats what I did over my weekend, which involved netflix and my couch.

4. Likes swirlchaser liked this post
    Blog Entries

Marco: Fantastic work, don't think I have ever seen thread wrapping as good as your doing, congrats! Even better that your considering giving them away to someone in need. Glad your doing fine, the devastation in the NE is hard to believe.

Larry
    Larry

6. Likes swirlchaser liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by chased View Post
    It must take a lot of patience to wrap a rod like this! Does the thread do anything to the action of the rod in any way?
    I do believe the decorative wraps and the amount of epoxy it takes to cover them changes the action a bit. This is why I don't do elaborate wraps on fly rods. On spinning, casting, and Spey rods I don't think it's noticable.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Really good thread work. You must not have done much else to get that much done in three days. That or you are way faster at it than I am. I like the choice of thread colors a lot in photo 2 and 3. It's really nice of you to give them to guys wiped out by the storm. Nice move.
    Thanks Dan, you can see by the crossing points on the close ups I run up to 6 threads at a time when I can. It helps them close alot faster.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

I keep finding myself drawn back to the pictures of these blanks you wrapped! Really, really beautiful.

9. Likes swirlchaser liked this post

That is amazing work! Wow. Where does one learn those techniques...even just the basics of those pattern wraps? Is there a good DVD or Book or ???

Beautiful!

Blog Entries

outstanding job Marco...I Admire the result but also your patience

12. Likes swirlchaser liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    I keep finding myself drawn back to the pictures of these blanks you wrapped! Really, really beautiful.
    Thank you Auntie Em
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Marco,

Glad you & yours are OK, the thread work is like I have never seen.

Ard
    Agree about the thread work! It's art.

Do you have pics of the whole rods; so we can see where the thread work starts and ends?

Pocono

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast