Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Three days stuck inside produced 3 rods I'll probably never use :(

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    That is amazing work! Wow. Where does one learn those techniques...even just the basics of those pattern wraps? Is there a good DVD or Book or ???

Beautiful!
    Thank you Dean. The great thing about it is there are only two patterns for wrapping thread, the cross and the box. Where you start and what direction you go in will determine the pattern. This is an awesome book with detailed instructions and lots of patterns. The author is also a great guy and good friend of mine, many rod builders learned from this book and still use it.
    Decorative Wraps by Billy Vivona | mudhole.com

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
    Agree about the thread work! It's art.

Do you have pics of the whole rods; so we can see where the thread work starts and ends?

Pocono
    Thanks Pocono! I spent the day back home doing storm clean ups. I'll take some pics in the morning when I get back to my apartment.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Sorry about the pics, best i could do with my cel phone.
    Seeker Super Tog

9' St.Croix surf rod.

10-20lb Largemouth rod

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Went old school with the Super Tog guides. Full base wraps and olive branches.

3. Likes Auntie Em, gatortransplant liked this post

Man I wish I knew you while I still lived back there! That tog rod is smoking!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    Man I wish I knew you while I still lived back there! That tog rod is smoking!
    Thanks bro! You know the Tog rods have to over the top. Everyone's at the rail and everyone has time to look around. Lol

Hell yeah they do! That and offshore jigging rods, my favorite way to hook the yellowman!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    Hell yeah they do! That and offshore jigging rods, my favorite way to hook the yellowman!
    Unfortunately work has kept me from Tuna fishing for two seasons now My gear is getting dusty and the itch is unbearable! Especially with friends sending me pictures. Next year I'll quit my job if I have to, but I will fish those speed demons.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    That is amazing work! Wow. Where does one learn those techniques...even just the basics of those pattern wraps? Is there a good DVD or Book or ???

Beautiful!
    I learned from a book named 'Custom Rod Thread Art' by Dale Clemens. It was out of print for a while but I guess they ran some more off. If you take the time to read the instructional portion, and then do a bunch of them you start to understand how not only they work, but how to create your own patterns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123