Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A spanking new 596 XP

Good to know on the burled cork! I rewrapped an old South Bend for a friend and it had either a burled cork with a really tight "grained" burl or a very early rubberized cork composite grip that looked pretty cool. It was hard to give that rod back, but it planted a seed.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by thewalker1013 View Post
    How about a nice, deep red to go with that beautiful green blank... 'Tis the season, eh?
    A deep burgundy could be nice. But, I don't want it to look like a x-mas stick!

William, swirl, et al, where do you get your burled rings and/or rubber cork composites?

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

William, swirl, et al, where do you get your burled rings and/or rubber cork composites?
    Most of my supplies come from either Mudhole or Acidrod. You can probably find slightly better deals if you shop but I usually place two big orders a year so for the sake of conveniece I order everything from one place.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing right after I posted, that could be really bada** -looking. I'll have to remember that when I build my first rod, would go with my love of the vino as well
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" - Lee Wulff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12