Almost Finished

cowger10

Reaction score
This last weekend I finished wrapping my first rod. All I have left is to epoxy it. I think that is turned out great. I can't wait to get it on the water and try it out. I'll try to post pictures when I am finished.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

Just realize that when you go to post photos on the forum that we don't allow you to upload a photo directly from your computer to a post. There are a couple different methods, probably the easiest is to create an account on PhotoBucktet, upload your photos there, then link them to your post. You link the photo using the little yellow rectangular icon that looks like a mountain and sun located just above the area where you type in posts. The other method is to create an album using your UserCP and then upload the photos into your album. If you use that method realize that you will need to reduce the size of your photo to a max of 100 KB, I think PhotoBucket does that for you. If you don't have a photo editing program there is a free one online: http://pixlr.com/editor/
Here is some detailed information on how to upload photos:
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f.../303141-few-tips-posting-pictures-forums.html

rayzor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

Just realize that when you go to post photos on the forum that we don't allow you to upload a photo directly from your computer to a post. There are a couple different methods, probably the easiest is to create an account on PhotoBucktet, upload your photos there, then link them to your post. You link the photo using the little yellow rectangular icon that looks like a mountain and sun located just above the area where you type in posts. The other method is to create an album using your UserCP and then upload the photos into your album. If you use that method realize that you will need to reduce the size of your photo to a max of 100 KB, I think PhotoBucket does that for you. If you don't have a photo editing program there is a free one online: Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com
Here is some detailed information on how to upload photos:
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f.../303141-few-tips-posting-pictures-forums.html
Larry you was very helpfull with me a few days back , when I had problems uploading Photos ... so this is very good advice too all .:)

Thanks

brian miville

Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait to see the finished pics. I just got in my drying motor and rod chuck today. I just need to get it mounted and work on making a thread tensioner and then I hope to start my first rod soon as well. What rod blank did you use? Just curious. :)

cowger10

Reaction score
I got a Cabela's 8'6'' 4 wt. kit and then replaced the eyelets with single footed ones.

brian miville

Reaction score
Cool! I got a Cabela's Stowaway 6 9' 5wt for Christmas (the pre assembled one of course) and have considered buying one of the blanks, maybe 6 or 8 wt.

williamhj

Reaction score
One thing about TFO blanks, they come with the large text already on them. Aesthetically I don't like it. Some people don't mind but it is good to know going in.

cowger10

Reaction score
Thanks williamhj I saw that already and I am debating. I don't think I can beat the price the fly shop has on it.

williamhj

Reaction score
I also hear great things about them but I think the size of the decal is gaudy. Of course zero impact on fishing so just a question of aesthetics.

petee

Reaction score
I also hear great things about them but I think the size of the decal is gaudy. Of course zero impact on fishing so just a question of aesthetics.
Gaudy is a nice way of putting it ;). Easy fix for an over bearing label: Long wrap of dark thread with a nice feather inlay to hide the label :wavetowel

Pete