The Finished Product

cowger10

Reaction score
Finally got it out of the dryer. Here it is an 8'6'' 4wt. Hope you guys like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ard

Mnflyfish

Reaction score
beautiful rod! Very nice work. I hope to try my hand at building my own rod one day. I cant imagine a better feeling that catching a nice trout on a fly i tied with a rod i built.

williamhj

Reaction score
Very nice! Thanks for posting the pictures, next will be a pic of the first fish you catch with it. Congrats!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
What a beautiful rod! Congratulations on your achievement, we are fortunate to have folks like you joining up with us here.

Ard

cowger10

Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos guys. I bought a Cabela's kit and replaced the guides with single foot guides. I can't wait to get it out on the water and play with it.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Beautiful work on the Cabela's rod, you're going to have fun breaking that new rod in this summer! Do you have open water below the dam?

cowger10

Reaction score
I do have open water below the dam here. I am thinking about breaking it in this weekend. I can't wait.

brian miville

Reaction score
Very nice! As I sit and contemplate my first build I too have considered single foot guides. But since I want to build a 7wt I am not sure if single foot guides would be too delicate on a rod I intend to use for reefing bass out of heavy weeds. :D I do want to build some smaller weight rods (have a 3 wt now but thinking of adding maybe a 2, or some day an entire set 0, 1, 2, 4 and on ;) ) and I will probably experiment with single foot guides on those. :cool:

Auntie Em

Reaction score
Beautifully done!! Now you'll find how hard it is to concentrate on the fishing when you're watching the new rod! Let us know how it does!
Again, great job!

cowger10

Reaction score
I finally got it out on the water today. I hooked into 10 or so fish. I had a blast. Life is great catching fish on a rod that you built.