Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Just finished a new toy.

Looks great; hope it becomes a fish magnet for you!

Pocono

Blog Entries

Looks like you've done a great job with that rod. The feather inlay looks great and the reel seat is gorgeous. I have a factory version of the same rod that is my go to single hand rod for steelhead. You're going to really enjoy this one. Nicely done!
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

3. Likes Guest1 liked this post

Sweet Dan! I was considering a burgandy thread go with the dark green, I'll keep purple in mind for the next time.

Very nicely done, Dan!

Chris

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Sweet Dan! I was considering a burgandy thread go with the dark green, I'll keep purple in mind for the next time.
    I was just thinking about Burgandy for that 17'er I was talking about. I have a teal I was thinking about also. The blank is that dark T&T blue.

By the way, I just spined the rod and have to say, it is the most perfect multi piece blank I have ever touched in my life. The tip section is as straight as a laser beam. It's the only peice that wasn't really hard to find the spine on. It has a spine, the rest either don't or barely do. The piece next to the tip is spinless and the next two barely have one. I'm not sure who designed the blank but it is awsome. They did an amazing job making it. It is flawless.

I am going to spend a lot more time on the grip than I did the Winston. I cut a set of trim bands for the grips that are really interesting. Instead of checkers, I made a an overlapping zig-zaggy dark cork line set in nice white cork. I'll have to take some photos when I get it done.

7. Likes wt bash, rubberguy, williamhj liked this post

Absolutely perfection at it's best. Beautiful work Dan.

9. Likes Guest1 liked this post

Dan

Love the "Classic" fly rod look. Beautifully done.

paul

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

OK, I just finished making the sock and the bag for the rod tube. I may be one of the few people around who make a case for their case. They are easy to do and my rod tubes all look pretty much like new.

I didn't have green thread for the sock, which kind of sucked. I don't have anyplace in town to buy it anymore. The recession has taken out both of the places that did. I have to travel at least 45 miles now to get it. I did have purple and thought it went with the rod anyway so I used it. If I had green I would have used it. I used to have a logo embroidered on the socks, and still do sometimes, but this I can do myself. The color on the rod came out better in this photo. The feather inlay is easier to see. In real life the purple is darker than in the photo and so is the grey the inlay is on. Closer to the first photos. I used a flash this time and it made stuff hop out in the photo.

I made The sock for the photo out of this thick cloth that looks like dyed suede. Feels like it as well. Great stuff. It also hides the fact it's a fly rod case. Not really a problem up here. Up here they might steal it because the thought it was a cool package for a case of cigarettes. Anyway, less likely that they would want to steal it if they don't know what it is.

12. Likes rubberguy, sumojo liked this post

If there's a thread you can't get in town let me know. We've got a store close by and it would be easy to drop in the mail. My wife has started making rod bags for me. Look good sizd right, and tons of color options.
    - William

Nice job dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast