Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Got another Hangin'

Default Got another Hangin'

A nice 4wt 7'11 varnished up and drying, this one is going to a friend and will hopefully get fished hard!

Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Blog Entries

Default Re: Got another Hangin'

WT: Congrats, I'm sure your friend will be very excited about the new cane rod and put it through it's paces on the water!
    Larry

Hi, its the "fished hard" that made me respond. I like that. I was given a signed EW Edwards rod with two broken tips, and I like to think that when I get it restored some day that I'll be willing to fish it... maybe just not drag it through the normal brush where we go. Makes me wish I knew who used it and their stories. Then I realize how I feel when I break a $100 Cabela's rod, but still know that every rod is meant to be fished.

There's no point in show rods or "presentation" rods, granted a cane rod is expensive, for the money they are worth they should be fished till the guides fall off. What's a better wall hanger, the brand spanking new cane only fished on a certain hatch on a certain river or the rode hard put away wet rod with a broken tip and some good stories behind it? Fish them as hard as you can!!!!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

5. Likes fyshstykr liked this post