Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of chaos! It's a race to the 22nd

Default Re: 4 weeks of chaos! It's a race to the 22nd

Amazing! Beautiful! You're making me exhausted, just seeing the pictures!! Your "buddies" are so incredibly fortunate to have you!! <would you consider adopting me??>

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    Amazing! Beautiful! You're making me exhausted, just seeing the pictures!! Your grandbuddies are so incredibly fortunate to have you!! <would you consider adopting me??>
    LOL, thank you but I have 3 kids and Gina has 2 so we have 17,15,10,10, and a 9 year old. My plate is pretty full right now...
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    Thanks Casey, two more to go and a set of grips to turn. I'm going to take the easy route with the guides on the kid's rods, I'll do a Henry Ford. You can have any color you want, as long as it's black:D
    Henry Ford would love your choice. But I've driven 'white' longer than I can even remember. Jeep on the drive way is white, and been there (well driving around) since 2001. There is some sort of electrical drain (over head lights?) that don't shut down properly and the hood up/bat charger on for a few hours. (A total pain where some one sits!!!) and off we go.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

4. Likes swirlchaser liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Henry Ford would love your choice. But I've driven 'white' longer than I can even remember. Jeep on the drive way is white, and been there (well driving around) since 2001. There is some sort of electrical drain (over head lights?) that don't shut down properly and the hood up/bat charger on for a few hours. (A total pain where some one sits!!!) and off we go.
    Disconnect the lights for a few days and see if it holds a charge.

Nice work as always Marco!Not to add to your stress but you need to hit those Shad again and the bucktails need hair and dont forget the Stripers !
    Just kidding!
    Been there and done that( I had 4 of my own who all wanted new rods for salt and fresh) Luckily I had my good friend Uncle Joe the rod builder who always helped. Now that hes gone I have three grandchildren so you know why I was at Cabelas today. More costly but less time consuming!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Like you said about your rod builder friends I dont know how some of these guys do 5 or 6 rods a week! Joe was a full time butcher and rewrapped all the rods for all the boats in Freeport plus built customs for a full list of customers including Yankee and Ranger players as well as guys like me. The man was a machine and still going strong at 80!
    Would build anything except a fly rod. Made me a noodle stick one year and somehow I convinced him to make me a fly rod out of a similiar blank. Of all the rods he made for me and my family over the years I treasure that the most cause its the only one out of literally thousands that he ever made.
    One piece 10 wt casts like a rocket just a pain to transport!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

7. Likes swirlchaser liked this post

There must be something about the name Joe and rodbuilding. This is my buddy Joey's drying cabinet, it will dry 18 rods at once

9. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

That's so awesome great job.
    Joseph Russell

<would you consider adopting me??>

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    LOL, thank you but I have 3 kids and Gina has 2 so we have 17,15,10,10, and a 9 year old. My plate is pretty full right now...

Ya can't blame a gal for tryin' !!

12. Likes swirlchaser liked this post

Wasn't ready to get back on the thread, so I spent a little time at the lathe getting a rough cut on the grips. I cut it down as one piece but it will eventually be a three piece, split grip setup.

Ready to go

The NERBS wizard is everywhere

Slight hiccup in the plans here. Gina has decided she will get more use out of a light, freshwater spinning outfit since we're always taking the kids to the lake. The patterns on this grip may be too big to build a smaller split grip.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast