Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10' 4wt Quickline

Default Re: 10' 4wt Quickline

Thanks Ard!
    - William

2. Default Re: 10' 4wt Quickline

Lovely build.

I have seen a few Quicklines but have not heard anything on their fishing characteristics. I have a Mk1 streamflex that I use for long line nymphing in the winter and was thinking of replacing it with a self build at some stage, so would appreciate it if you could let me know how it fishes.

regards

Vince

3. Likes williamhj liked this post

Thanks, I'll do that. Hopefully with some pictures
    - William

Beautiful build. Interesting cork shape.

Quote Originally Posted by vgb View Post
    Lovely build.

I have seen a few Quicklines but have not heard anything on their fishing characteristics. I have a Mk1 streamflex that I use for long line nymphing in the winter and was thinking of replacing it with a self build at some stage, so would appreciate it if you could let me know how it fishes.

regards

Vince
    Vince, took a day off to fish it this week and love the rod. No top water action but I did take some time to cast dries and the rod did nicely with single and double dry rigs. Presentation was easy, landed softly and it put the fly where I wanted it. Mostly fished nymphs. Fish liked beaded stonefly nymphs and rabbit foot emergers so I fished multiple nymph rigs under and indicator. Easy to cast, toss and the extra length helped control the drift.

Sadly my first fish slipped away while I was getting ready to take the picture, but it was a nice brown. My second was this rainbow, was fishing alone so tough to get a good shot before a quick release. The rest of the fish were similar rainbows.

- William

7. Default Re: 10' 4wt Quickline

Thanks William, it sounds worth a look. Some of these nymphing rods are so tippy as to be uncomfortable to use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12