6wt. Epic Glass

petee

Reaction score
I don't post every rod I build, but every once in a while one turns out better than I thought it would so onto the forums it goes. The future owner waned a rod with wraps to match his Hardy Angel reel. If you haven't seen one they have red accents. Got his buy-in to used Candy Apple with no color preserver. I think we nailed the look he's going for. Added a red agate stripper and Cherry Burl with a CA high gloss finish to tie everything together.

Thes Epic 6 wt. are the cannons of the Glass world.... in my weak casting skills humble opinion

Thanks for looking,
Pete

L

Liphookedau

Hi Pete.
About a month ago a guy who Fishes The same Lake as I do showed me a Rod made on a 4Wt Epic Blank which came in a Kit with similar Hardware to yours, I couldn't get over how light it was even though it was only 8Ft Long.
I'll have to check their Site to see what length The 6Wt come in ????
Brian

dean_mt

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want a candy cane rod but it does look sweet, Pete! I love that single tipping turn you do at the end of each wrap. It defines everything so perfectly, and there is an elegance without any flash or bling that I really appreciate. But I have no idea how you do that without the black tags showing under the red sans preserver...I take that back, lots and lots of experience.

petee

Reaction score
Let you in on a little secret. They're two turn trim wraps using Persall's Gossamer silk. The Gossamer makes "A" thread look like rope.