Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Blank 11 ft 3-4 wt?

Hi mates. Any of you know blanks in size 10 or 11 (better 11) feet and three or four weight? I'm looking for something cheap. Thanks and excuse my english.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Blank 11 ft 3-4 wt?

Hi guli,
    I do not know of any 11 foot 3 or 4 weight blanks that are available.

Greys makes a 10 foot 3 and 4 weight rod called the Streamflex. I believe that Sage may make its Z-Axis in a 10 foot 4 weight configuration.

MP

3. Default Re: Blank 11 ft 3-4 wt?

Thanks MoscaPescador. Yes, i know the greys and z-axis both great rods, but i'm looking for a blank to build my first rod. Thanks for the answer.

Blog Entries

I've got a Cortland Brook series 10' 4 wt and as I've already told here,I really enjoy this rod...it's not very expensive.I think it won't be easy to find a 11' 3 or 4 wt blank.Have a look here.http://www.batsonenterprises.com/index.php;)

Link isn't working .... try ...

Batson Enterprises - World's Premier Supplier of Fishing Rod Building Blanks and Components and work around to the blanks.

These are super people to work with.

6. Default Re: Blank 11 ft 3-4 wt?

Quote Originally Posted by guli View Post
    Hi mates. Any of you know blanks in size 10 or 11 (better 11) feet and three or four weight? I'm looking for something cheap. Thanks and excuse my english.
    Is this for single handed fishing? Dont think you will find one, nor would you want one. Amundson has a 3/4 wt 11 foot spey rod, for about $260. You can get a blank too, about half te cost of a rod, so about $130.

7. Default Re: Blank 11 ft 3-4 wt?

Yes oregonsteel it's for single hand. I found the cts has some good stuff but it's too expensive. Any of you have one or knows some brand that uses it. They are interesting. Thanks all.

8. Default Re: Blank 11 ft 3-4 wt?

Hi again mates. At the end i found the blank. This is a 11ft 2/3wt tres pieces. But now i have the problem of the guide chart. How many guides and distance among them? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Not sure I'm right but I think....lenght of the rod +1...that means 12 guides...maybe 3 guides on the first piece(butt one),4 on the second,five on the third

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Anderson Custom Rods here in Southern Oregon puts out very light 2-handers that fit that range. Don't know if Gary will sell just the blank, but you could always ask. Actually, they're a bit longer than what you're looking for, but Gary may have some thing on the shorter side (or have one rolled for you).

http://andersoncustomrods.com/images..._Spey_Rods.pdf

Here's one more right at 11' in a 3/4 line wt. http://www.amundson.ca/flyfishing/wi...rior_spey.html
    Last edited by fredaevans; 10-17-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast