Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Just finished my 0wt build

Quote Originally Posted by nick k View Post
    You'd be real surprised at how hard it is to find a cap and slide reel seat under 40 that doesn't look ugly as hell.
    +1 I figure buy what you want, it is a custom rod and reel seats can be a very beautiful part of a build. Love the build and look forward to seeing some pictures of it in action. Where did you get the thread?
    - William

You'd be real surprised at how hard it is to find a cap and slide reel seat under 40 that doesn't look ugly as hell.
    No I wouldn't. Last few builds I did were using Joel Lemke seats and hardware.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    No I wouldn't. Last few builds I did were using Joel Lemke seats and hardware.
    I looked at the lemke stuff. Nice but expensive, and mostly all metal.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    +1 I figure buy what you want, it is a custom rod and reel seats can be a very beautiful part of a build. Love the build and look forward to seeing some pictures of it in action. Where did you get the thread?
    I tried it out yesterday, was sooooo much fun on bluegills and small bass. I got the thread from Hook & Hackle. I think it was called FishHawk variegated thread. The color alternates on its own, so for someone like me who isn't great at doing that manually while winding thread, it's really nice.

4. Likes williamhj liked this post
    Blog Entries

Nick: Congrats on that beautiful fly rod, I love the look of the variegated thread wraps.
    Larry

Glad you didn't go with an "ugly as hell" seat. It would have deterred from the beauty of the build

Lemke.... mostly metal? We frequenting the same site? With the LC1 up or down locking, LC17, 25, 26 or Titanium hardware you are looking at a ton of options for inserts. Not to mention his sliding band hardware. No $$$$ interest in Joel's seats. I do use them on all my customer builds, unless I am turning my own sliding band hardware.
    "Blessed is the fly fisher who's quiver contains grass, glass & graphite custom rods." Book of Rods 3:16

7. Likes mojo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by petee View Post
    Glad you didn't go with an "ugly as hell" seat. It would have deterred from the beauty of the build

Lemke.... mostly metal? We frequenting the same site? With the LC1 up or down locking, LC17, 25, 26 or Titanium hardware you are looking at a ton of options for inserts. Not to mention his sliding band hardware. No $$$$ interest in Joel's seats. I do use them on all my customer builds, unless I am turning my own sliding band hardware.
    Hmmm, maybe I'm thinking of another site. I'll have to check them out again next time.

I'll add that I love the seats I get from Dave Winslow. He offers three styles available and turns the inserts himself. Very easy to work with, nice site that is great to navigate with prices listed. Also at a good price point - $25-$35.
    - William

Hmmm, maybe I'm thinking of another site. I'll have to check them out again next time.
    Southwest Custom Rods - Lemke Reel Seat Hardware

Drop dead sexy job mate!! Love the bindings!!

Congrats!
    Hope springs eternal.

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I've used it a few times so far now and it's a blast for bluegill and bass. I even managed some 6 - 8 inch native brookies on it this past weekend which was a ton of fun.

Definitely my favorite rod build so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast