First lesson learned

amertens

Reaction score
Well, got my epic in the mail. Like my 10 month old nephew and the dvd's on the shelf I just couldn't leave it alone. Spent last night and got the reel seat and grip on A ok. Patted myself on the back. Got it all spined and spacing marked. Patted myself on the back. Started wrapping the stripping guide on. Got it all done, looking pretty sexy. Patted myself on the back. Pulled it out and sighted down the real seat, a little off, we'll just give er a little wiggle into place....... Just got done cutting it back off. Apparently I could tow a stuck tractor out with what I figured was good snug tension.

Ignore that last back pat, moving onward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

williamhj

Reaction score
The important lesson is: as long as you don't apply the finish, cutting it off isn't a big deal :)

amertens

Reaction score
Yessir, running fish. And got two sections wrapped up last night!

amertens

Reaction score
I bought the reel seat laser level from mudhole. Thought it would work better than it does. It's good for roughing everything in but sighting down the blank for final tweaking is still needed

rott21

Reaction score
A laser level is ok a lot of hype if you ask me, but eyeballing the guides on the shaft for final tweaking is always needed

amertens

Reaction score
Yeah the laser sight thing ended up being a waste. Tried to use it, always ended up going back to the ole eyeball.