Latest build

mojo

Reaction score
This is a Lamiglas 7'6" 2 pc honey glass rod I just finished. Rattan wrapped grip, black and orange verigated thread for the guides. Threadmaster epoxy. Sweet slow rod that likes Rio Selective Trout II DT

FrankB2

Reaction score
Cool rod! What weight is it? I see the ring on the end of the female ferrule,
and wonder what the end of the male ferrule looks like. I need more pics :D !

mojo

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I can't believe I forgot to put the weight down.
It's a 4w. Slow but smooth.
I got the idea for the ferrule ring from a guy named Matt Leiderman. This cat builds beautiful rods, so I stole that idea from him. As a 2pc. it's a tip over butt. No ferrules. I'll have to take some more pics or find some more of it.

tiger2

Reaction score
nice rod....custom!!! one of a kind.
looking to possibly build a rod...last
rod built was at herter sports shop
in Eau Claire Wisc early 80's sage
9ft reserve blank...the weight isn't
on the blank just sage graphite B891GFL
tight line told me it feels like a 7wt.

williamhj

Reaction score
Wow! Very nice looking rod. I like the look for the grip and the thread wraps are very nice looking.

What kind of reel seat is it?

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
Mojo, most excellent. You are a true arteest! Thanks for sharing. Bring that sucker to the Utah show, I'd like to take a closer look :D

Kelly.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I love those rods and yours has about the best finish I've ever seen on one. Beautiful work Allen and I love that reel too :)

Ard

304rodco

Reaction score
Awesome job. Love the rattan grip. Where are you getting the fiberglass blanks?

mojo

Reaction score
Thank you guys, but this post was from almost 3 years ago:D
But I guess it's new if you haven't seen it.
The grip is rattan that has copper metallic thread between the wraps and it's coated with spar varnish. The reel seat is a downlocking walnut insert and silver hardware.

This is the older sister to this one. I think I posted this one too.
Flamed rattan grips, black Lamiglas fiberglass blank and a copper d/l aluminum reel seat. Snake brand guides and Mildrum stripper. Black wraps with copper metallic trim bands.

Lee, I got my honey blanks from Anglers Workshop and the black one was from Tom at Fiberglass Flyrodders. It was a Mudhole custom blank they had a few years ago.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Very nice finish Mojo. Seems like I remember you saying you were also using spar varnish on thread wraps now?

Pocono

Reaction score
Can't believe i missed this thread!

Really nice craftsmanship, Mojo. I've never seen a ratan wrapped handle before and the varigated thread really stands out. Great finish and, I agree with Ard, the Hardy reel looks great on it!

Looks professional.

Pocono

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Mojo: I love the look you have achieved with the flamed rattan rod grip, very nice craftsmanship and the black glass looks great also!

Larry

mojo

Reaction score
Very nice finish Mojo. Seems like I remember you saying you were also using spar varnish on thread wraps now?
Ten thousand coats of spar.:yikes:
These two were done with spar varnish. I've got a couple ready to wrap (Joni is building one of them) and I have some Threadmaster Lite I want to try on these next two.