Reel Seat Hardware

Nutty2

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am planning on building my first rod in the next month, I have been doing a fair amount of research on this site as well as MudHole and Angler's Workshop. I was planning on turning a wood insert for my reel seat so I only need the reel seat hardware. My question is does anyone know a site where I can order some nice hardware? Most of the reel seats online come with a insert or the hardware is pretty standard. Some more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

ravenbc

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am planning on building my first rod in the next month, I have been doing a fair amount of research on this site as well as MudHole and Angler's Workshop. I was planning on turning a wood insert for my reel seat so I only need the reel seat hardware. My question is does anyone know a site where I can order some nice hardware? Most of the reel seats online come with a insert or the hardware is pretty standard. Some more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Check out Southwest Custom rods, I believe they are a lemke dealer and are tip drawer real seats.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lewis Chessman

Reaction score
Have a look at Lemke reel seats, skeletons, etc. here. I'm just suggesting the make as an option, not recommending the seller who I don't know. Lemke aren't exactly cheap but they look pretty good to me.
All the best and enjoy your build - I'm just starting on a couple myself. :)

Edit: Welcome, too!

Edit 2: Sorry, raven. Missed your similar post.

ravenbc

Reaction score
I just looked up your profile and saw you are in Alberta. There are a couple of Canadian suppliers that will be easier and cheaper to deal with up here. My go to is Race Rocks Custom Tackle here on Vancouver Island, and believe he carries pac bay hardware, another option is to contact Pieroway Rods (Calgary) as they might be able to supply you with hardware as well.

I try my best to steer clear of US suppliers as shipping and duty ends up being a price killer.

el jefe

Reaction score
Except for the very basic reel seats, I think most come as just the hardware, and inserts must be ordered separately. Angler's Workshop sells REC, Batson, Bellinger, and all of those companies have several models where hardware and inserts are sold separately. Don't the pictures fool you; look at the order portion of the description, and you will usually see something about inserts being separate.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Check out Southwest Custom rods, I believe they are a lemke dealer and are tip drawer real seats.

I have ordered from him and it is good stuff. I haven't had any problems with cheaper stuff as far as functionality. but SWCR Lemke hardware is definitely classier in appearance for a modest increase in price. Nicer than what I see on many high end rods.

dean_mt

Reaction score
As mentioned, you should be able purchase just about any reel seat hardware as skeleton only and make your own insert. If you are looking for high end and expensive, look no further Bellinger.

I've used REC seats and skeletons, they are very nice with a great selection, they also make Recoil guides, which are very nice.

Snake Brand also crafts very fine hardware - seats and guides.

With either REC or Snake Brand, you can get all the hardware and it matches. And they are both very high quality. I wouldn't use any other guides but from one of these two.

pnc

Reaction score
The Mud Hole definitely has reel seat skeletons. Most seats that offer different inserts. Can usually be had as skeletons.
I deal with the Mud Hole because it's close. Think I saw some mentioned that would be closer to home for you. When ordering from the Mud Hole. I call & have every part checked to be sure it is in stock. Back orders have taken a day, a week, once a month. I call now.

........ pc

skcwolfgang

Reaction score
Custom fly rod crafters sells skeleton reel seats. I have bought from them a few times. Good customer service, I have called and was able to speak to someone who was very knowledgeable.
Custom Fly Rod Crafters