Blank logo removal

dtaylo1066

Reaction score
Building a Hook & Hackle Xi blank. Lovely green color. Don't like how their logo does not match up with the rod's spine. Has anyone removed the silkscreen logo or other type logo on a blank without damaging the finish?

el jefe

Reaction score
I am not a proponent of spining, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Assuming it is a 4-piece rod, I would just align the logo in any orientation you want. Even for proponents of spining, I would think that it is least important in the butt section. I think you will risk more by removing the logo than you will gain by orienting the butt section along the spine.

swcr

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that you are actually finding the spine on that section of the blank. Spine the remaing 3 pieces or build it on the straightes Axis, Either way you will not really notice the difference. You are asking for trouble attempting to remove the logo unless you plan on wrapping over it

dtaylo1066

Reaction score
I have been wondering if butt section spine alignment on 4 piece really matters. I will just leave the logo I think, even if not aligned perfectly.