Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10' 1wt?

Default Re: 10' 1wt?

Quote Originally Posted by ddb View Post
    I stand by by my previous comments.

You may have exceptional skills in fighting fish -- who am I to say?

But most don't and a true 1 wt is not the right tool for most in that appiication.

A 3wt at 10' is my personal limit -- especially if any of the fish run large and there is fast current.

ddb
    That's you but when I can hold a 26" trout dead still on a 10' 2wt and 6/7x, why would I wanna use a bigger rod

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Your claims are sounding more and more improbable -- far fetched even.

"Holding a 26" trout dead still on a 10' 2wt and 6/7x" is nonsense. Any fish that size can go anywhere it wants against that gear until he tires out later in the fight. You can nudge a large fresh fish and nag him but you can't stop him with that gear.

"Dead still" is also irrelevant to actually landing a big fish which requires keeping the fish constantly moving against the rod pressure, Allowing it to rest in mid fight only allows him to take on oxygen and regain energy. This prolongs -- not shortens-- the fight. It also increases chances that hooks will pull out and light tackle will fail.

ddb

Quote Originally Posted by ddb View Post
    Your claims are sounding more and more improbable -- far fetched even.

"Holding a 26" trout dead still on a 10' 2wt and 6/7x" is nonsense. Any fish that size can go anywhere it wants against that gear until he tires out later in the fight. You can nudge a large fresh fish and nag him but you can't stop him with that gear.

"Dead still" is also irrelevant to actually landing a big fish which requires keeping the fish constantly moving against the rod pressure, Allowing it to rest in mid fight only allows him to take on oxygen and regain energy. This prolongs -- not shortens-- the fight. It also increases chances that hooks will pull out and light tackle will fail.

ddb
    He couldn't take an inch of line on me I had control the entire fight, all he could do was head shake 10' 1wt?, I more less done it to prove a point that a euro rod could land those giant fish

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12