Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardy ?

1. Default Re: Hardy ?

Bit of a cheek really, market it as Hardy which is synonymous with quality and made in the UK, but actually as previously stated produced in the far east.
    Nothing actually wrong with the far east as they produce some great rods/carbon but i wonder what Hardy pay for them?
    It's Sage for me, or i build it myself on a Batson blank.
    Cheers
    Richard

Default Re: Hardy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pleccy View Post
    A quote from a guy on another forum...

"Hardy now rely on their name, not their products"

Too true...
    Now, hold on there. Maybe with the rods, but the reels? They've come down in price, the ones I've seen have tighter tolerances than the old English built ones.
    I may never own another Hardy rod (not counting the glass rods) but I'd buy another Korean Hardy in a second.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Default Re: Hardy ?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Now, hold on there. Maybe with the rods, but the reels? They've come down in price, the ones I've seen have tighter tolerances than the old English built ones.
    I may never own another Hardy rod (not counting the glass rods) but I'd buy another Korean Hardy in a second.
    The reels aren't what concern me, maybe the comment made on the other forum was a bit wide. The Demon reels are very good and I would gladly give the Zane some accreditation, however the Angel reels are notorious for faults with the drag mechanisms. Don't get me started on their wading jackets, 'breathable' means 'with holes'...

Still as Devon Flyfisher has said it is a bit cheeky to sell a rod (in this case the Angel TE) made in Korea for 800, compare the Greys Streamflex for 170 and a 375 marksman, then tell me which one you prefer at the end.

A few strike it lucky with the rods and enjoy them, a few don't. It's upto you.
    Luke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12