Has anyone received their Nano Ti rods yet from Allen?

FISHN50

Reaction score
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/members/fishn50-albums-neil-s-photos-picture1399-chile-optio-26.jpg

I got a 9' 6wt & it cast like a dream. I was throwing deer hair mice into a wind & when I shortened my leader I got it out there . The rod is as light as my 5 wt but has more backbone. I foresee using it for lt. salt water, bass, & landlocked Salmon.
So it looks great, casts well, & I handled some big fish with it.. I try to get a fish in as quickly as possible to prevent stressing it too much. The picture I posted shows the fish in the bottom of the boat because after we netted it I didn't want to damage it any more by handling it for a picture....

araitim

Reaction score
have not recieved my 5 weight yet that i blindly ordered without testing but i predict greatness cuz i did the same thing with his reel and love them both.

imxer

Reaction score
F'50

Appreciate the feedback. The rod sounds very good, enjoyed the picture.
The lightness of it is in line with what Justin has been saying. It appears he has something good going.

Araitim

I have a 5 on order too. Am in agreement about the reels &, as you did, made my decision to buy a rod based on that. Thank you for your post.

Imxer

gtom61

Reaction score
I as well got mine a few weeks ago. I got a 5wt and i haven't been disappointed and you won't be either. It's everything i expected and more. Several folks at my casting pond have casted it and are really sweet on it. A few have even compared it favorably to their Helios in looks, action, and weight.

Worth the wait. Now i wish i had ordered two of them.

Gerry

hookworm

Reaction score
People have compared it to a Helios!!!!
I know they LOOK similar but didn't think it would ACT the same.
That's awesome if it's true.
I am patiently waiting for mine to come...anyone know if Justin is shipping them out yet?

hookworm

Reaction score
I ordered a 9' 5wt, sounds like Justin has ran into some snags but the rod will be well worth the wait.

Last edited:

tranphu62

Reaction score
i just checked my invoice from Justin and i placed my order for a Nano 5# on Dec 17th. i was told on the 17th that it would be here the first week in Jan. iv checked in about every 2 weeks and would get a reply saying he had to fill his "pre orders" first, until reciently, now im not getting replies. How long ago were these "pre orders" placed? Im not bashing Justin or his company. i show off his lines and both reels to the local shops and people on the river. i love the Alpha reel and prototype reel i purchased at the same time(Dec 17th), id just like to know whats going on.:confused:
I'm in the same boat here.....

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
Guys, The rods are being shipped in order. There were some behind the sense stuff that delaid the rod. I was pre mature on the release (rookie mistake). I will not be doing anymore pre leases on rods because of issues that might back fire and the last thing I want are upset customers.

They were all done and then the final test resulted in a bad flex in the 3rd pc of the rod. So we redid the blanks and that took some time because of the carbon that is being used is a special carbon that comes in Japan. Japan was not releasing any carbon outside the country for 2 months for me to get my rod done. I was not the only mfg that was having issues.

This rod is way ahead of its time and I was not going to cheapin it up to just get rods out the door with a less expensive carbon. My rod builder is keeping busy wrapping the guides and getting me rods to ship to everyone.

I admit its been a nightmare, but I'm trying to take care of this asap.

Thank you,

Justin

Last edited:

hookworm

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Justin. I think everyone that's had to deal with suppliers can understand.

tranphu62

Reaction score
Great to know Justin is not cheaping out. I'm sure they will be well worth the wait!!!!! Good stuff!

gtom61

Reaction score
Hi, I thought i'd try and post some pictures for those who haven't seen the rod yet. I'm hoping these come out. Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I am really sorry, i'll try it one more time. The pictures are loaded as well in the Gallery under Fly Fishing Tackle, keyword Allen. Gerry

hookworm

Reaction score
THanks for posting some pics gtom.
Are the blanks green?
Man I can't wait to get my hands on this rod.
I would rather have quality over having it right now though so thank you Justin for keeping up the quality.

FlyBum

Reaction score
Another thanks for posting pics gtom. J

Justin diserves props thats for sure for not be willing to compromise on quality. I can tell you from experience that as much as he can Justin bends over backwards to take care of his customers and he humbly accepts valid constructive comments positive and negative. Also IMO the fact that he doesn't make excuses, but simply states the facts speaks of his character and desire to give the best customer service possible and then some.

cattech89

Reaction score
Another thanks for posting pics gtom. J

Justin diserves props thats for sure for not be willing to compromise on quality. I can tell you from experience that as much as he can Justin bends over backwards to take care of his customers and he humbly accepts valid constructive comments positive and negative. Also IMO the fact that he doesn't make excuses, but simply states the facts speaks of his character and desire to give the best customer service possible and then some.
Well said Tom. I couldnt agree more.....

fyshstykr

Reaction score
gtom61,
Thanks for posting the pics. Is there any way you could also post a couple pics of the stripping guide and a snake guide?