Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default Scott "customized" rods

I don't know if anybody else has been to the Scott website lately. And I don't know how long this has been an option, but you can now "customize" Scott rods by selecting the components you would like.

If you are curious, go to hand crafted, high performance fly rods - scott fly rod company and then select a rod.
    When your browser directs you to that rod's page, you will see a button that says, "Customize This Rod." Then it will take you through a series of choices, everything from reel seats and grips to wraps and measuring guides.

It costs $150 extra. Don't know if that is worth it. Probably not on their $700 lines, but the A3 starts at $335 and you can add a lot of interesting features and still come in under $500.

I am about to buy an A3, and was toying with this idea. I am leaning away from doing it, however. Haven't said no yet, but I am about 80% sure I will buy a stock rod because I think that for under $350, these are amazing rods right off the rack. But, it was a fun way to kill an hour trying on different components and colors. The site shows you the finished product as you add and change things.

I am curious to see what others think of this idea in general. Are other companies doing this?

Gary

Default Re: Scott "customized" rods

Fun stuff.
    My finished S4S would only cost me $1150.00
    DickM.

Blog Entries

Had not visited the site for a while....thanks for the info
    My G2....$980....Far more expensive than the one I've already got
    PS:you can send your donation to jbbfly here( checks,credit cards and cash accepted)

Its a brand new offering for this year. Neat idea I suppose, though I don't plan to partake. I figure its for guys who don't want "just another $750 rod" when boarding their netjet with their set of custom finish Abels.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.