Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  1,185
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Some Sage ONE love. I can't think of too many rods that received such passionate commentary as this rod. The strong opposing viewpoints were exactly why I started picking up ONE models once the X launched about three years ago. I thought as polarizing as this rod is with the community, Sage won't be making a rod like this for quite some time...better pick up some on closeout (486, 590, 690, and 890). Glad I did...they made me a better caster and they made me more skillful at handling trout on small tippet. I tend to go in streaks and when I'm in the mood for fast, this is the rod. My favorite model in this line is definitely the 486...impressive!

MIKE ADAIR - Exploring New Mexico landscapes through fly fishing, golf, and art.
    @mka133

2. Likes el jefe, lacanadio, jeepster II liked this post
    Blog Entries

Hard to find a picture of mine Mike but that's a Sage One sticking up in the rod holder of the Mokai. I only have one of them, a 13 foot 6 inch and it's a great rod. I also have a 14 foot X rod that I like. They are different with different actions, once I figured that out I came to like them both and use them differently. The One model has a stronger action and will throw heavier loads than the X rod so I have custom cut lines for each rod.

You have a nice bunch of rods there!

Almost forgot to paste this...

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

4. Likes gidva, lacanadio, mka liked this post

Scott G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Ard, el jefe, mka liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Hard to find a picture of mine Mike but that's a Sage One sticking up in the rod holder of the Mokai. I only have one of them, a 13 foot 6 inch and it's a great rod. I also have a 14 foot X rod that I like. They are different with different actions, once I figured that out I came to like them both and use them differently. The One model has a stronger action and will throw heavier loads than the X rod so I have custom cut lines for each rod.

Almost forgot to paste this...

That photo says outdoor adventure all over it! Dang, that's beautiful country!!! I have noticed that there aren't many ONE rods for sale on the usual resale places...on a regular basis that is. They are keepers...
    MIKE ADAIR - Exploring New Mexico landscapes through fly fishing, golf, and art.
    @mka133

8. Likes ia_trouter liked this post
    Blog Entries

That's true Mike, I see a few for sale on the Spey Pages website but they are always the exact same rod I have or just one weight over or under so I pass.

That picture was taken on this 2 day excursion for steelhead on Thanksgiving day a few years back; Going to a Very Cold Place That was my last and I mean last cold weather fishing trip. I still fish in 30 degree weather but no real cold conditions for me.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

10. Likes mka liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    That's true Mike, I see a few for sale on the Spey Pages website but they are always the exact same rod I have or just one weight over or under so I pass.

That picture was taken on this 2 day excursion for steelhead on Thanksgiving day a few years back; Going to a Very Cold Place That was my last and I mean last cold weather fishing trip. I still fish in 30 degree weather but no real cold conditions for me.
    Just read your blog. Thank you for not doing that anymore....we need you for our administrator!!!
    @mka133

12. Likes Ard liked this post

That is one of the better winter blog posts I've seen. Sorry I missed it until now.

14. Likes Ard, mka liked this post

While I hear great things, I have no familiarity with Sage two-handers. I love my Sage X 8 1/2'/#5 and the X #4 in that size is terrific...but I still regard 8 1/2'/#4 ONE as "best-in-class" ever (so far). Also 9'/#'s 4 & 5 ONE are truly great. I'm not a fan of ONE's in salty sizes but the trout models are a modern classic.

I don't see any controversy; for those who understand and use them as their design is intended, they are spectacular, for those for whom another action type suites their angling techniques better...they should buy one of those lesser rods.

I tried to take a picture of my Walton 6-weight “Sully” but it won’t sit still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Ard, mka, myt1, k_e_v, camelbrass liked this post

oldskewl,
    awesome photo!!!!
    norm

19. Likes oldskewl808 liked this post
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast