Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

  1. Default Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Anyone used this rod? I'm looking at the 6wt, but I am afraid it might be too slow. I am looking for something that will atleast be the same action as my TFO signature.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    If you like the TFO Signature Series why not stay with it? If you are curious about other 6 wts like the TFO try out the Scierra IC3. It similar to a TFO, and is close to that price range. If you have run into a deal on the Crosswater. Find out if you can test it out. That will be the best way to see if the rod will do what YOU want it to.

  3. Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Hi, I have fished the Crosswater rods and am a Redington dealer. The '07 update was nicely done and these rods are stiffer than you might think, I would consider them moderate fast action. I was surprised how fast they were for an entry level rod. For $59.00, they are a heck of a buy and better quality than anything else I have seen in this price range. Hope this helps!
    Todd Mikesell, Owner
    Check out the New NAFFF Fly Shop at Forum Fly Shop!
    ReelFlyRod.com - "Fly Fish the World With Us!"

  4. Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
    If you like the TFO Signature Series why not stay with it? If you are curious about other 6 wts like the TFO try out the Scierra IC3. It similar to a TFO, and is close to that price range. If you have run into a deal on the Crosswater. Find out if you can test it out. That will be the best way to see if the rod will do what YOU want it to.
    I kind of wanted to try something new.

  5. Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    I own the 8'6" 5wt crosswater. Its awesome. I can cast 5wt line 40-50feet with accuracy. Its worth it, as Cabela's sells it for 60$.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Good advice fishplease as Cabela's is a sponser of this site. We should try to support the sponsers of this fine site like cabela's, The Full Creel, etc. It almost seems as if this thread was a setup for reelflyrod to get some air time.

  7. Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
    Good advice fishplease as Cabela's is a sponser of this site. We should try to support the sponsers of this fine site like cabela's, The Full Creel, etc. It almost seems as if this thread was a setup for reelflyrod to get some air time.
    I swear to you it isn't. I have been cruising this site for some time, I just haven't posted.

    And thanks for that fishplease, you just sold me on the rod.

  8. #8

    Thumbs up Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Cool, I'm glad you found a rod.

  9. Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Score! Another Crosswater sale.
    I'm sure you will be glad with the light weight of it.
    What reel/line will you use with it?

  10. Default Re: Redington Crosswater 2 Series Fly Rod

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishplease View Post
    Score! Another Crosswater sale.
    I'm sure you will be glad with the light weight of it.
    Ha, that's going to be negated by Martin Mtn Brook that I will probably be putting on it(thing is heavy). And I will be probably trying out the Cortland 444 SL that I got for 20 dollars on sale. I have been using it on my 4 weight, and it's alright, but if it's not good enough on my 6wt, I will probably be changing to Headstart(love that stuff).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. wader manufacturers
    By InsideSeam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 12:29 PM
  2. Lamson, Ross, or Sage
    By Branden in forum Fly Reels
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 11:20 AM
  3. Full Moon, Big Bones
    By Stan Wright in forum Saltwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 09:40 PM
  4. Welcome Back.....
    By STARMedic in forum The Lodge Den
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 06:35 PM
  5. Fly Tying Materials???
    By Piscator in forum General Fly Tying Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •