Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tfo

1. Default Tfo

Anyone own a TFO deer creek switch rod? Thinking about getting one for chasing some steel! Just looking for some reviews?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tfo

I didn't know which thread to put this in, but I saw you were looking for a new switch rod. Check out the Allen Olympic series. The price is reasonable and the rod is awesome. I was lucky enough to cast both the switch and spey models at the Somerset show and it's an awesome product, plus it comes with Allen's warranty and customer service which are quickly developing a great (and definitely deserving) reputation.

As far as the Deer Creek series goes, to return to your original question, I've heard great things (to the point that some have said the Deer Creek series is their best product).

Where will you be getting after the chromers?
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

I have a 14' Deer Creek, in 10 wt. For me, the rod is very nice, and although I also have a 15' Loomis GL3 10 wt that was a gift, Is the TFO better than the Loomis, no, but the difference between the two is not worth the price difference to me. In other words, I paid for the TFO, but I would never shell out the bucks for the Loomis.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

I got the 15' 9 weight Deer Creek spey rod and used it for the first time last summer. On the one hand, I liked it a lot. On the other hand, it's a different model than the one you're asking about, and I am a two-handed casting newbie so I probably wouldn't know the difference between a good one and a bad one anyway!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
    I got the 15' 9 weight Deer Creek spey rod and used it for the first time last summer. On the one hand, I liked it a lot. On the other hand, it's a different model than the one you're asking about, and I am a two-handed casting newbie so I probably wouldn't know the difference between a good one and a bad one anyway!
    Mouch,

I think you would know, I don't think you need to be a 10 year veteran two hand caster to know whether the rod is doing its job.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

The original designers of the TFO's (can't speak for now) were some of the best going. Real 2-hander rod designer/builders. If you knew anything about 'rod design' you'd instantly recognize the names.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

7. Default Re: Tfo

well thanks for the insight.. I fish all over the state of Michigan as thats pretty much my home waters.. Hope to test some rods out this weekend at the Midwest Fly fishing expo in Warren MI..

Is that show in the UP or LP? im from wisconsin and have yet to go to a fly fishing expo i think it would be pretty neat to go?

Blog Entries

The show is just outside Detroit, so its a bit of a haul for you I'd say! But heck, I'm driving in from Buffalo.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

haha dang well it probably would be around a 10 hour drive then haha but if its good may be worth it haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast