Echo Edge fly rod ?

attila

Reaction score
Anyone use one or know of any reviews ? I was looking at them today, the 8'4wt. felt nice. I didn't get to cast it though.I did google it but not much came up for "real" reviews. Thanks

Vans

Reaction score
I havent used an Edge, but i do own a couple other Echo rods.I have an 3S 12wt, Ion 7wt and Carbon 4wt. I have nothing but good things to say about Echo as a company and the rods are just as great.

The 4wt i just picked up but i have owned the 7wt a while and used it quite a bit thus far over the winter. Great casting rod. I have also used a borrowed 8wt model and feel the same. The 12 wt i havent fished with but i have cast it a fair bit. Again, great rod.

I will be picking up a new 6wt rod before too long and Echo is right there in the running with Sage, Loomis, and the others. With my experience with their others models to go on, if i was in your shoes, i would buy the Edge without any concerns.

Lifetime warranty on all their rods too...

Last edited:

attila

Reaction score
Thanks vans. I did go buy the Edge 804. Took it and my St.Croix out for gills yesterday. I liked them both and it was hard to say wich I like more but this Echo will be my small stream rod. It was a tough choice between it and the Carbon. I am not disappointed at all with it. :)

Vans

Reaction score
Good to hear Attila. I was just getting ready to post a follow up reply with some info i came across. Here it is anyways...

I was reading a Oregon fly fishing blog from one of the guys at The Caddis Fly fly shop down in Eugene. This is a well known shop, been around a while. I found a review of Echo rods and one of them was of the Edge. Echo is a local company for us in the PacNW. Echo is located in Vancouver, WA which is right across the Columbia river from Portland. So, the brand is as well known and liked as the owner, Tim Rajeff.

Product Reviews: Most Excellent Echo Fly Rods | The Caddis Fly: Oregon Fly Fishing Blog

Enjoy the new rod.

attila

Reaction score
Cool and thanks again. BTW you said you're looking for a 6wt ? Those 8'4" Echo Edge's come in a 6 wt ;)

attila

Reaction score
Had the Edge out again after work today. This time I used a SA XPS wt forward line(used a RIO Grand before)and wow casting weighted #10 nymph with an indicator was no problem even in the wind. This tod has a thin grip and is super sensitive,lets you feel everything.The more I fish this rod the more impressed I am. :thumbsup:

Vans

Reaction score
Excellent. Another happy convert. :) I am almost certain to get a Echo 6wt at this point. I have a Ross CLA on my Redington starter rod that i am going to put one it.