Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Orvis Service Kudos

Default Orvis Service Kudos

I had an Orvis Silver Label TL 9ft, 8wt. A very nice rod that I bought back around 2000. A buddy and I were out practice casting for an up-coming trip at a local soccer field. I had dis assembled the rod and laid the pieces on my tailgate while began putting the pieces in the rod bag. I stepped away for a minute, and my buddy, not seeing the pieces lying on the dark Rhino Liner coated tailgate slammed it shut. three sections got pinched, and broken.

I called Orvis and if they could have been nicer I don not know how! They offered several options to me, and I chose the offer of upgrading to the Helios rod for a total of $325, and it came in less than a week to my door. The 8wt rod retails for $825. It is an awesome rod! Lighter than I could believe possible, even lighter than my BVK. My hat is off to those people at Orvis, they know what customer service is all about!
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Orvis Service Kudos

You are preaching to the choir here Homer, I have one of the Silver Lable from the introduction year that I hope never breaks. It's a 9X9 and has been part of the team for a long tome. It's comforting to know that if something bad happened to it I'm covered. Mine is a 2 piece but essentially the same rod you had.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: Orvis Service Kudos

Even on UK based boards Orvis gets:

Can't recall ever seeing their name where someone wasn't praising them to the heavens.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Orvis has always been great to deal with. My latest, I wanted a new superfine touch but couldn't get past the gold hardware. The rod shop there is making me one with silver hardware. I can't wait!

5. Default Re: Orvis Service Kudos

Fantastic service even here in the UK (where customer service can leave a bit to be desired!!)

Blog Entries

Been their customer for 36yrs and have had great service the entire time!! All I can say on that!!
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

7. Default Re: Orvis Service Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
    Orvis has always been great to deal with. My latest, I wanted a new superfine touch but couldn't get past the gold hardware. The rod shop there is making me one with silver hardware. I can't wait!
    Who do you contact at Orvis to have a rod made that way? I am looking at purchasing another super fine and i don't particulary care for the gold hardware eithr

Quote Originally Posted by shrek82 View Post
    Who do you contact at Orvis to have a rod made that way? I am looking at purchasing another super fine and i don't particulary care for the gold hardware eithr
    I just contacted customer service and explained what I wanted. They talked to their rod shop and they agreed to do it. A few e-mails and a phone call to wrap it all up. They were great to work with and made it easy.
    Rich