Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Elkhorn rods and reels

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeflyfisher View Post
    Has anybody tried to saltwater fish with any of the Elkhorn rods or reels by chance?
    All the time. See my previous post Now that I have the reel problem fixed ,there's no problem. Although I have'nt got into any albies again..
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

2. Default Re: Elkhorn rods and reels

I own a 3wt and 5wt from them. I really wouldn't consider owning a different brand. Brian really takes care of his customers. He is local to me, so there is an added bonus of supporting a smaller business. As far as where his rods are made, I have worked closely with overseas manufacturers in the past and they will make ANYTHING to your specs. His rods and reels are quality stuff without the hype and the marketing budget. I have tried others, but my money always ends up with Elkhorn. (I haven't had any warranty issues but have seen him take care of plenty of customers)

3. Likes comeonavs liked this post
    The Old Dominion. But can be found exploring a blue line

I recently purchased an Elkhorn 4-piece 3wt sight unseen from a guide buddy-best recommendation he ever gave me. This rod casts smoothly and will sling a line 70+’ with just a bit of effort. The action is great and the feel with a “fish on” is electric. I have yet to cast this stick on a windy day, but my bet is it will do fine.

Look around, there are some deals on them, I picked mine up for great price you just have to look and be patient.

5. Likes comeonavs liked this post

I have the Traveler 9' 4wt and it fishes well. I would describe it as a medium fast with a progressive flex. I actually like to fish sink tips and full sink lines on it out of my float tube. Also this rod can haul some line!

I cant get over the blanks having the company's website printed on the blank, to me that spits in the face of everything sacred in the sport of fly-fishing. Fugly.......

Quote Originally Posted by thenewlushlife View Post
    I cant get over the blanks having the company's website printed on the blank, to me that spits in the face of everything sacred in the sport of fly-fishing. Fugly.......
    I dont think its a disgrace or anything like that but in many ways I agree because that is a cheesy thing to do. As well as the search engines work nowadays you rarely see anyone typing in the actual website address...
    ~Todd
    "...Nympin' ain't Easy"

Chief Thread Starter
    Mother Approved...

9. Likes motorshooter liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12