Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New in the Sage lineup: Sage Circa

Blog Entries

Default New in the Sage lineup: Sage Circa

This will be interesting to hear reviews once they are released to shops and the masses. Looks like the lengths of these rods are from the days of old: 279-4, 379-4, 389-4, 479-4, 489-4, and 589-4.

What's the rage with these "snub nose" half wells grips? For larger rods I don't mind the full wells but on my trout rods I much prefer the half.

I wonder what, if anything, this means for the ZXL?

Read the official word from Sage

Sage Adds The CIRCA Fly Rod for 2013 [Video] - The Sage Blog | Sage Fly Fishing
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

2. Likes 650flyguy liked this post

Default Re: New in the Sage lineup: Sage Circa

I think a Sage could be in my future.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

My guess is that these are the rods they accidently broke the tips on.

5. Likes gatortransplant liked this post

I absolutely cannot wait to cast one of these. I held off on buying a zenith to wait for this rod.

Sweet! Another rod to salivate over that I'll not be able to afford.
    But I watched the promo video earlier and I want to believe that Sage has a winner on their hands. This is a rod I could see myself doing everything with.

Guess I'll keep watching for a used LL on the auction site.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
    Guess I'll keep watching for a used LL on the auction site.
    Hey, I've had GREAT luck on eBay this last year, bought three rods (two used, one a z axis 590-4 for $275.00 shipped... They were averaging over 425.00 used plus shipping, and I jumped on one. Just set some saved searches and be patient... And I would definitely get an LL, even if you plan on getting a CIRCA someday. I treasure my LL's like no other rods in my collection, have a 273-2 and a 4711-2, they're my babies

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Oh yeah, sold two rods, a reel, and a pair of shades on there too... I've learned a lot about the values they have on there and how to maximize what you get for your used gear.

Careful, I'm addicted now. Convinced I'm going to find a San Miguel 2 for less than $400

Ummm....Is that growth under Jerry's lip supposed to be hip? George Anderson said the ONE was a plate slapper when test casting, and the fly Siem's is casting hits the water pretty hard as well. Whether that's meant to demonstrate that the rod delivers with authority, or whether the Circa is a plate slapper would be nice to know. My ZXL will lay down a dry fly without disturbing the water like fly in the video, and at the same distances. It's also VERY accurate.

Jaybo,
    I have to wonder if the snub nose grip is going to become Sage's new premium rod style grip.....

Blog Entries

I'm a fan of the snubby grip for some reason, even on the smaller rods... This definitely looks like an interesting rod, I'd be interested to try out what the "consistently slow" action is like. Hmm, I'll definitely be taking this one to the casting pond at the next Somerset show (as long as they make sure there's actually a proper-sized pond this year...).
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Quote Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
    Sweet! Another rod to salivate over that I'll not be able to afford.
    Thats exactly what I said when i started reading!
    I wish they would have shown a cast in real-time instead of all slo-mo.

Blog Entries

Interesting video, looking forward to actually trying one of the Circa rods out.
    Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast