Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fly Line for Sage Z-Axis 7110-4?

Mike,

I fished the Kings, San Joaquin, Kern and all over the high Sierras. Use to do a lot of back packing when I was a young fellow. The high Sierras above Kaiser Pass was one of my favorite areas. I started fishing the Kings before the dam was built at Pine Flat.

Frank

2. Default Re: Fly Line for Sage Z-Axis 7110-4?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    Mike,

I fished the Kings, San Joaquin, Kern and all over the high Sierras. Use to do a lot of back packing when I was a young fellow. The high Sierras above Kaiser Pass was one of my favorite areas. I started fishing the Kings before the dam was built at Pine Flat.

Frank
    Wow! The area around Edison over Kaiser was one of our favorite packing/fishing spots as college kids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mike

Mike,

When I started fishing Mono Creek Lake Edison was not there. It use to be a long pack into the Arrowhead Lake area and Devils Postpile. That is one of the most beautiful spots I have been to. Back packing in the early 50's was a do-it-yourself situation. I used a WW II army surplus pack that didn't fit worth a darn. It was made with steel and weighed a ton. My partner was using a pack board made with wood and canvas. You could be gone for a week and never meet another person. There was no light weight stove, you built a fire from available material. My sleeping bag was a folded quilt with blankets inside. What a sweet time in my life.

Frank

This thread has gotten a bit off-topic.

BigCliff, thanks for that Steelheadsite link for switch rods . . . very helpful. It looks like grain (rather than line weight - 7, 8, 9, etc) is the critical measurement.

Frank, I've shopped online at Kaufman's for years, and if I manage to convince myself to go up to Oregon, their Spey casting school looks very worthwhile.

Neil
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12