Nov 1 is upon us...and so is the H2!!!

db cooper

Reaction score
Anyone as excited as I am to see the new Helios 2 from Orvis? I cast a prototype and loved the rod and now cant wait to see the real deal in the flesh. I thought it was an amazing caster! I want a 9x5 mid flex but it looks like that wont hit the street until 12/1. The two 5 weights available tomorrow appear to be a 8.5' mid and a 9' tip flex. Looks like i will have to wait:ranting3:

kwb

Traveler of Both Time and Space
Reaction score
Not to burst anyone's bubble(s) but I thought the release date was November 2?

I inquired about a 9 weight for SW use and was told, mid to late November MAYBE...

I really liked the old 9 weight, just had breakage issues, which are supposed to have been resolved with the new models...

Then I seen the lame blue reel seats on the SW models and said, forget it...

db cooper

Reaction score
So true...spoke today to the Orvis rep and it looks like they have been delayed. Wont see any until mid Nov at the earliest.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I inquired about a 9 weight for SW use and was told, mid to late November MAYBE...

I really liked the old 9 weight, just had breakage issues, which are supposed to have been resolved with the new models...

Then I seen the lame blue reel seats on the SW models and said, forget it...
Really? For that kind of money...maybe give it a cast at least?

kwb

Traveler of Both Time and Space
Reaction score
So true...spoke today to the Orvis rep and it looks like they have been delayed. Wont see any until mid Nov at the earliest.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Really? For that kind of money...maybe give it a cast at least?
Really...

Yes, I am picky... Maybe even OCD LOL...

I also had to have them by November 14th as that's when I leave for the Gulf Coast and disappear for a while, I ended up picking up a couple Hardy Proaxis 9 weights, very impressed with them thus far...

Last edited:

delopez

Reaction score
I just got their new catalog, yesterday. There's an order form for them in it. I think they're ready to be ordered...

huibgeselschap

Reaction score
i spoke to an instructor with over 30 years experience, he had cast the rod already, and thought it was the best rod he ever cast. good luck with that new graphite, anyone wanna sell me their old graphite unsanded rod?

mrfzx

Reaction score
I love my Helios 9' 8wt tip flex, and will hold on to it until if/when it breaks....then maybe they'll upgrade it to an H2:D

nickj

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to handle one of the new H2 (I hate that name, makes me think of the seriously ugly Hummer) rods today. I didn't have time to cast it, but my impressions- Wow! This is an amazingly light rod. It was a 9' 4 wt. The color, gloss blue, reminds me of my old Garcia spinning rod. AND they did away with the bling- dark anodized hardware. That's the only criticism I've had with my Superfine Touch, I'm glad they listened.

For those in Colorado's Front Range, it's a demo rod at Angler's Covey in Colorado Springs, they said a couple of week before inventory arrives.

delopez

Reaction score
I'm excited for this rod. However, I've cast the Helios and the Access side by side and I liked how the access felt, better. But, I haven't cast the H2 yet. Hopefully Orvis really made some improvements to the overall feel of this rod. (I've only cast the Helios 6, btw. So, that's what I'm judging against, here!) I hope the H2 performs and feels as well as it looks!!! Super excited!