Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Hardy sintrix 11/12 wt

Has anyone casted one of these? Thoughts? The specs on the rods are great and I'm in the market for a new 11 or 12 wt rod. I've read great things but haven't had a chance to cast one my self. Thoughts?

Default Re: Hardy sintrix 11/12 wt

They are supposed to be very strong, cast well up lose and be plain out sexy.

I own two of the 9 weights...

I bought them mainly for Redfish on the Gulf Coast, but I haven't used them for that yet.. Leave for the salt marsh in 8 days...

However, I have used them in the surf of Lake Michigan and they are quite remarkable rods. Not too stiff where they don't load nice up close, but can absolutely launch a fly when you want to as well...

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, BUT like anything, what some people love, others will hate so your mileage may vary...

I have been fishing the 4pc. #9 in FL and the Bahamas and like it a lot. A powerful and classy rod. I am told but have not fished it that the one piece 8'10"/#11 is an amazing tarpon rod garnering all kinds of accolades from guides and tournament fishers. The matching Fortuna X reel is amazing; I can't believe they can keep them in stock!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    I have been fishing the 4pc. #9 in FL and the Bahamas and like it a lot. A powerful and classy rod. I am told but have not fished it that the one piece 8'10"/#11 is an amazing tarpon rod garnering all kinds of accolades from guides and tournament fishers. The matching Fortuna X reel is amazing; I can't believe they can keep them in stock!
    With how light the rods are. I would think the 12 wt one piece must be amazing. Casting them both tomorrow