Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Redington,,or similar good rod for a fair deal ?

Ever since I got my 2wt Redington CT my nephew has tried to talk me out of it. What is out there now,,,Redington,,or 'similar' mid action,,or slower...in a 2 or 3 wt that might be on sale now ? He has to be very conservative with his dollars (divorce ate him alive) so I'm searching for HIM this time. Any pointers in a good direction would be appreciated.

Thanks fellas,

Michael

Default Re: Redington,,or similar good rod for a fair deal ?

If you want another Redington, Cabela's has the Redington CT fly rod on sale for $75 (normally sells for $150). They don't offer a 2 WT, but you can get a 3 WT.

My vote is also with another Redington CT, Cabela's has them on sale for $75 while supplies last. If you wanted to try something a little different, the Cabela's Custom Glass Rods (CGR) are on sale for $50, which is a true bargain. Being fiberglass, they are a little slower action, which will take some getting used to. Once you get it dialed in, it is a lot of fun.

-Chase

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by chased View Post
    My vote is also with another Redington CT, Cabela's has them on sale for $75 while supplies last. If you wanted to try something a little different, the Cabela's Custom Glass Rods (CGR) are on sale for $50, which is a true bargain. Being fiberglass, they are a little slower action, which will take some getting used to. Once you get it dialed in, it is a lot of fun.

-Chase
    The CGR's arent available online anymore. I wanted an 8wt and missed out. Did you seem them in store for $50??

Also surprised it hasnt been mentioned yet, but the Allen Xa is a nice rod too. I had a 3wt, but got the CT when they were on sale. Personal preference on the guide types (double footed over single) was the reason for changing
    Eunan

Addicted To Vise Flies

Quote Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
    If you want another Redington, Cabela's has the Redington CT fly rod on sale for $75 (normally sells for $150). They don't offer a 2 WT, but you can get a 3 WT.
    I ordered the 8.5 foot - 3 weight this morning.....also added a few more items that I "needed" to bring the total to around 100 bucks to get the free shipping......my wife doesn't understand why I "need" another fly rod. My two grown children, who also fly fish, understand perfectly!!!
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

CT's are being cleared out because Redington is replacing them with their new line "Tempt".. That being said.. I'd pick up a couple CTs if you have the cash.. Just purchased one recently and it's amazing.. and at $80(after taxes/s&h through Cabelas) you will be hard pressed to find a better rod at that price.. especially with it's lifetime warranty

Blog Entries

allen has great rod, the ats, which is a really nice medium action rod
    i have an 8'9" 4 weight and absolutely love it!

ATS Rod Series - Allen Fly Fishing Store

this is a really nice rod

casey

ARFE