Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rod Length Controversy

Default Re: Rod Length Controversy

I only say that because my Sage "One" switch isn't complete yet. Then it will be long rods for every occasion . And yes, I also have a 10'6" Bamboo switch in my rough planing forms as we speak.

West Coast Pete

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by petee View Post
    Ialso have a 10'6" Bamboo switch in my rough planing forms as we speak.
    Schwinnnngggg!

hey wt you said you dont care who says what you like short rods and fish with them. you know what i think long rods are more efficient mend line easier and make dealing with difficult currentsand small flies so i prefer them.... but short rods are my first love and some days i just say to hell with it i dont care i feel like fishing my twenty year old fenwick 7.5 ft 4 wt. so thats what i fish that day. the great thing about fishing is unlike work and most other things in life we dont have to do whats most efficient or practical we just have to do what makes us happy! so keep rockin those short rods and keep that smile on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by petee View Post
    10'6" Bamboo switch in my rough planing forms as we speak.
    Hey will you use standard ferrules or splice joints? I've heard alot of the pro's and con's for each. I've got a 10 and a 12 footer in the works and the jury is still out on how to ferrule the buggers.

Alls I'm saying is I don't need an article or a pro to tell me what rod I should fish with. I could care less about the current trends, I know what I like and what I'm in the mood to fish with. If the rod doesn't have a rear handle then chances are its under 8'. I don't want a lesson in physics every time I go fishing. Don't we have enough threads on rod length?

And Dan its going to be an Outlaw Country Christian Rap, the Ooops whoops Oh well is the chorus.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

5. Likes Guest1 liked this post

im with you wt.ilike my medium action rods i know alot of the guys here tell me i need the latest fast action space age nano infused super tech rocket launcher laser equipt wonder rod. but i dont know i just keep fishing my slow style sticks with the line size that theyre rated for and have a blast doing it. it may be the"wrong way " but its my way and thats all that matters to me.

7. Likes fly_guy12955, wt bash liked this post

dpreller...glad you posted this. I was fearful I'd became a victim of schizophrenia....the trout I've caught lately,,,,SEEMED to be real...but I know I have no Sage One Time Warp Speed 174 fly rod.........and I looked toward the sky and said 'HOW can this be ?'

Guess I'm feeling my smartazz oats,,,so I tell you, yee Sage One owners,, this was in jest, ,,,,I'm sure the Sage One is a distance casting dream stick, and if I fished bigger waters,,,,,,but I'm stoked awaiting delivery this week of an Orvis Superfine, 8' 6" , 3wt. That definitely is NOT a Time Warp 174 rod ! I hope this rod is somewhat similar to my old Far and Fine 5wt...and I'll be happy as a **** in a hollow Sycamore.

The rod I have now that I really like the most ,,concerning action,,,is a mid-flex Orvis Access, 8 1/2ft, 5wt. It's really even a lot of fun to catch bluegills on the 5wt mid action. The Access is a good piece of work for it's price.

Michael
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

9. Likes wt bash liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123